Georgia O’Keeffe Museum: Part-time Retail Sales Associate
Location: The O’Keeffe: Welcome Center, Abiquiu, NM
Assists with the Museum’s retail services operation. To represent the Museum in greeting and assisting visitors to the highest degree of professional competence.
Reports to the Historic Site Manager.
1. Responsible for overall sales and operations by opening and closing procedures as outlined in Store manual, balancing the daily receipts, and keeping daily sales record.
2. Helps with inventory control for publications, posters, tapes and other merchandise in Store.
3. Assists supervisor with additional tasks as requested.
4. Restocking as needed and cleaning/organizing to maintain store appearance and visual merchandising layout.
5. Performs additional duties, either incidental or implied, consistent with the employee’s background or training which may be reasonably delegated as being in the best interest of the Museum.
Background and Qualifications
High school degree or GED required, additional education preferred
Fluency in English required, additional languages helpful
Cash handling, credit card and cash drawer opening and reconciliation required
Customer facing experience and knowledge of Abiquiu and surrounding sites helpful
Previous sales and customer service experience required Skills and Abilities
Ability to operate Point of Sales program
Excellent verbal communication and problem solving skills
Excellent customer service skills
Interested? Please submit a resume and completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you!