The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation : Membership Sales Associate
The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is seeking a Membership Sales Associate. As part of the Membership team, the Membership Sales Associate is responsible for front line support and day-to-day interaction with former, past, and prospective members on-site at the membership desk.
Founded in 1937, the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is dedicated to promoting the understanding and appreciation of art, primarily of the modern and contemporary periods, through exhibitions, education programs, research initiatives, and publications. The Guggenheim network that began in the 1970s when the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York, was joined by the Peggy Guggenheim Collection, Venice, has since expanded to include the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao (opened 1997) and the Guggenheim Abu Dhabi (currently in development). Looking to the future, the Guggenheim Foundation continues to forge international collaborations that take contemporary art, architecture, and design beyond the walls of the museum. More information about the foundation can be found at guggenheim.org.
This position has no direct reports.
- Provide top tier customer services to members and visitors of the Museum by interacting in a professional and friendly manner at all times while maintaining a tidy work area.
- Perform daily operations of the Membership Desk following standard procedures.
- Communicate with other front line staff regarding special admission promotions, membership initiatives, discounts, museum programming, etc.
- Serve as a resource on museum-wide programming, events, tours, etc. and attend tours and/or multimedia guide tours to better understand the Museum’s exhibition offerings.
- Assist in the inventory tracking of onsite membership materials, including incentives, brochures and temporary cards, etc.
- Responsible for a portion of departmental gift data entry, individually and in batch form and for a portion of financial processing for the department, depositing checks and online sales via Paypal, Stripe, and Blackbaud NetCommunity.
- Assist in spending time with front lines Visitor Services and Retail staff to develop tools and relationships in the service of selling memberships and attend all frontline trainings along with Security and Visitor Services.
- Attend and supports Membership events as needed.
- Work collaboratively with members of the Membership team to achieve annual fundraising goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- 1-3 years’ experience in a related environment with a focus on customer service.
- Database experience required; Raisers’ Edge experience a plus.
- Strong computer skills required (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills; ability to interact with a range of donors and prospects.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to plan and execute multiple concurrent tasks.
- Ideal candidate is personable, highly organized, detail-oriented, and works collaboratively.
The Guggenheim offers a competitive salary and excellent medical, dental, life, disability, and retirement plan coverage. Our staff also enjoys generous vacation, sick leave and personal days, access to a variety of cultural institutions, discounts to museum stores, and a stimulating and collegial work environment.
To apply, visit: https://theapplicantmanager.com/jobs?pos=NY120