Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum : First Shift Security Officer
Reports To: Security Management
Type of Position: Full-time, midnight to 8am
Location: ISGM onsite
The First Shift Security Officer will play an integral role in maintaining the overall security and protection of the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum’s collection from theft and damage by monitoring the Museum’s electronic security systems and fire alarms. This position will work in the Control Room and at the Watch Desk, and will also patrol the Museum.
• Operate and monitor security control screens and panels, alarm systems, and CCTV camera surveillance systems
• Operation of the communication system, including intercoms and two-way radios
• Monitor and respond to fire and facility alarms
• Conduct patrols of the museum’s buildings and grounds
• Cover and perform Watch Desk duties
• Maintain logs and records of occurrences, complete necessary paperwork, using computer to input and retrieve data
• Control the access of employees, visitors and contractors
• Respond to alarms and emergencies
• Report incidents and emergencies to museum management and emergency agencies
• Enforce the museum’s policies, rules and procedures with respect to the operations, security and safety of the museum, its collections and occupants
• Incoming and outgoing package/bag inspection
• Perform additional functions incidental to security activities
Experience and Training:
• Must have prior military, public safety, security, or related field experience. Prior experience in a museum setting a plus
• Knowledge and experience in the operation and monitoring of electronic security systems
• Prior computer experience
• High School diploma or equivalent
Skills and Abilities:
• Desirable/successful candidates would be self-directed, self-disciplined, alert, observant, trustworthy, accountable, and able to execute all expected work functions with minimum supervision
• Good communication skills
• Physical ability to walk for long periods and climb stairs
• Ability to write clear, concise reports
• Customer service oriented
• Fluency in English is required
• Independent judgment or initiative
• Dependability, professionalism, courtesy and ability to deal with stressful situations
• Ability to work evening hours and weekends
Join our dedicated, talented team of employees, interns and volunteers, who are passionate about the work they do to support the Museum’s mission. To apply for this position, please use our online application. This is our preferred application method.
We often review applications on a rolling basis once a position has been posted. If you are particularly interested in an open position, we recommend submitting your application sooner than the stated deadline, if possible, to ensure consideration for the position.
The Gardner Museum is committed to affording equal opportunities to qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disabilities, marital status or sexual orientation. Candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
We receive many resumes and kindly request that you do not call to inquire about the status of your application. Those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.
To apply, visit: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/34886