Clyfford Still Museum : Visitor Services Representative (part time)
Benefits: Eligible for Prorated, Part-Time Employee Benefits
Application Deadline: Applications are accepted on a rolling-basis and positions are filled on an as-needed basis.
Start Date: Immediately
Compensation: $13.50 per hour
Reports to: Associate Director of Visitor Services and Volunteers
The Clyfford Still Museum is dedicated to the life and artwork of Clyfford Still. The Museum is seeking a Visitor Services Representative who will be responsible to ensure that all Museum visitors experience optimum customer service and encounter a welcoming and helpful atmosphere. Regular Museum hours are 10 a.m.–5 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday; 10 a.m.–8 p.m. Friday; closed Mondays. Must be able to work 2 to 4 days per week. Some evening and weekend hours are required.
- Staff the reception desk, greet and provide assistance to Museum visitors with a focus on customer service, organization and efficiency. Ensure visitors are attended to professionally and promptly.
- Handle admission sales and sales from the Museum shop; manage cash drawer.
- Promote and sell Museum memberships.
- Supply front desk with sufficient visitor information literature, maps, and other necessary materials and keep it a welcoming space.
- Interface with Museum security to implement Museum policies and procedures for the safety and security of visitors and of the Museum.
- Maintain a friendly and helpful environment for Museum visitors. Serve as a resource for, and communicate well with, a variety of visitors, understand and address the special needs of different visitors, address visitor concerns and complaints in a pleasant and efficient manner.
- Understand and help carry out the Museum’s mission, activities, services and programs.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with peers at other area museums.
- Serve as an ambassador of the Museum, and perform other duties as needed.
Behavioral Traits and Attributes
- Ability to engage and inspire front desk staff and volunteers
- Relishes in responsibility and is self-motivated
- Strong work ethic and a rule follower
- Thrives in a collaborative team environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Takes direction well and completes projects in a timely fashion
- Ability to listen well and be a good problem solver
Minimum Education, Job Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with coursework in business or arts administration preferred; one to two years of customer service experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Prior experience in a museum setting a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Solid skills in Microsoft Office products; experience with ticketing and point of sales systems is highly desirable (the Museum uses Altru, a Blackbaud product).
- Prior sales experience and cash/register handling strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, to work in fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines, while maintaining flexibility in meeting shifting demands and priorities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, volunteers, and members of the public and to exercise tact and diplomacy at all times.
- Sensitivity to diverse characteristics of visitors and understanding of the requirements of visitors with disabilities or special needs.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and references.