The Irving Penn Foundation : Summer Internship 2019
The Irving Penn Foundation was established to promote knowledge and understanding of the artistic legacy of Irving Penn, including the diversity of techniques, mediums, and subject matter the artist explored.
The Foundation is seeking a summer intern to work closely with staff for a two month period, assisting with projects involving the photography collection. Responsibilities will include the inventory and organization of artworks and their preparation for transport.
• Must possess outstanding work ethic.
• Exercise utmost care and respect for fine art prints and precious materials.
• Adhere to strict Foundation procedures for workplace confidentiality.
• Applicant must be currently enrolled in fine art, art conservation, library science, museum studies, or other applicable undergraduate, graduate or certicate programs.
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Tentative start date: June 2019
Duration: Eight weeks
Preferred availability: Four days a week; 10 am to 5 pm
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
• Please write a brief, one-page cover letter expressing your interest in working with the Foundation.
• Include your resume with current work and academic experience, as well as 2 references which may be personal and academic.