The Vilcek Foundation : Spring-Summer Administrative Intern
What We Do
The Vilcek Foundation raises awareness of immigrant contributions in America and fosters appreciation of the arts and sciences.
Who We Are
The foundation was established in 2000 by Jan and Marica Vilcek, immigrants from the former Czechoslovakia. Our mission was inspired by the couple’s respective careers in biomedical science and art history, as well as their personal experiences and appreciation for the opportunities offered to them as newcomers to the United States.
The Vilcek Foundation Intern will provide administrative and logistical support to our Foundation staff and senior management. The intern will be responsible for assisting staff with our various prize programs and arts initiatives. The ideal candidate has a passion for the arts and an interest in nonprofit operations. This position is ideal for individuals interested in learning new technical and communicative skills, as well as expanding their knowledge of the arts as this internship aims to provide beneficial experience in the inner workings of nonprofit and artistic operations.
Administrative and Research Support to the President and senior staff:
1. Provide administrative support to CEO, President, and Vice Chairman as needed.
2. Prepare presentations, printed materials and conduct research to prepare for meetings with Vilcek Foundation affiliates.
3. Assist as needed with writing, research, and correspondence related to human resources, prize programs, and information technology.
4. Research potential grantees, non-profit organizations, and verify information (reviewing grantee websites, annual reports, and 990 tax information) related to the foundation’s programs.
5. Assist with drafting correspondence and copyediting as needed.
Human Resources/IT and Digital Media Support:
1. Assist with document retention including personnel files and human resources correspondence.
2. Provide administrative support with human resources functions including organizational policies and processes.
3. Maintain contact and organizational records in Salesforce.
4. Maintain help desk system and provide support to log calls, tickets, email requests, and take appropriate action.
5. Assist in maintaining spreadsheets and equipment inventories as needed, as well as other supplies and computer-related materials.
6. Assist in digitizing correspondence related to insurance, human resources, and invoices.
Other General Requirements:
1. All staff members are expected to help cover the reception desk and greet visitors as needed.
2. All staff members are expected to ensure that all forms of communication are handled in a professional and accurate manner.
3. All staff members are expected to perform additional duties as assigned.
4. Maintaining a convivial atmosphere and cooperative spirit at the workplace is highly desirable.
The ideal candidate should have prior administrative experience and excellent oral and written communication skills. The position requires a person who is well organized, detail-oriented, and self- motivated. Candidate must also have outstanding interpersonal skills, a professional, courteous manner, and be comfortable interacting with the public. Detailed knowledge of database management programs and applications such as Salesforce (or similar CRM experience preferred), Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Salesforce, FileMaker, Keynote, Mac OS, Internet navigation/search functions, and calendar and database programs is essential.
How To Apply
Please complete and submit your application using this form: https://form.jotform.com/73395697683174
Application reviews will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The internship duration is March through August 2019, though the start date is flexible and contingent upon availability. This is a part-time (20-30 hours/week) spring-summer internship.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
The Vilcek Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. The Vilcek Foundation prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Foundation conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.