Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum : Development Intern (Summer 2019)
Scope of Position:
The Development Intern will gain insight into the inner workings of a busy, successful museum development office. This internship is an ideal opportunity to learn Tessitura Network, the top development database used among non-profit organizations, as well as to gain familiarity with electronic record-keeping processes. The intern will receive database training and an entry-level understanding of prospect management and research. Additionally, s/he will provide assistance in all aspects of Institutional and Individual Giving.
- Create and maintain database donor records
- Enhance donor records through proactive research and data entry
- Index and upload key development correspondence
- Assist at museum special events, when needed
- Assist with special event invitations, solicitations, and fulfillment mailings
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- Interest and enthusiasm to learn about Development
- Ability to handle confidential material with discretion
- Proficiency with Tessitura software or other database software preferred
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Able to participate as part of a creative and energetic development team
- Able to commit to a regular work schedule
- Able to multitask and work independently on projects
- Sense of humor and flexibility are essential
Join our dedicated, talented team of employees, interns and volunteers, who are passionate about the work they do to support the Museum’s mission. To apply for this position, please use our online application. This is our preferred application method.
We often review applications on a rolling basis once a position has been posted. If you are particularly interested in an open position, we recommend submitting your application sooner than the stated deadline, if possible, to ensure consideration for the position.
The Gardner Museum is committed to affording equal opportunities to qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disabilities, marital status or sexual orientation. Candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
We receive many resumes and kindly request that you do not call to inquire about the status of your application. Those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.
To apply, visit: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/112997