The J. Paul Getty Trust : Research Associate I
Supports scholarly staff by facilitating their research and/or assisting with their research projects, exhibitions or publications. Under direct supervision, realizes programmatic projects related to important topics in the field of art history and related disciplines. Fosters communications and collaborations across other departments and other programs of the Trust. May carry on independent research that will lead to outcomes, such as contributions to conference presentations and peer review journal articles.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Handles administrative and research needs of Getty Center and Villa Scholars. May recommend research of specific items in Research Institute’s special collections for visiting scholars
- Assists in the realization of research and programmatic projects
- Conducts tours for scholars, classes and VIPs at Getty Center and Villa
- May coordinate scholar application review and selection committee. May coordinate scholar year theme development process including production of promotional materials. May manage and develop scholar research dossier
- Fosters communication and collaboration across departments and programs of the Trust
- May represent program’s initiatives and projects at public and private symposia, panels, workshops, and seminars, locally.
- May assist with organizing art programs for publications by communicating with authors, updating essay drafts, assisting editors in checking page proofs, proofing indexes, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in art history or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- 0-2 years research experience (education may be considered)
- Working knowledge in at least one foreign language preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced research writing and editorial skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a timely manner
- Ability to build relationships, collaborate and work on teams
- Ability to set and meet deadlines for oneself
To apply, visit: https://jobs-getty.icims.com/jobs/3363/research-associate-i/job