The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation : Temporary Helpdesk Analyst
The Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum is seeking a temporary Help Desk Analyst (3-4 months’ duration) to provide support of the organization’s Mac and Windows-based desktop hardware and software environment. The position is responsible for Tier 1 Help Desk support and other technical requirements, as assigned.
Founded in 1937, the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is dedicated to promoting the understanding and appreciation of art, primarily of the modern and contemporary periods, through exhibitions, education programs, research initiatives, and publications. The Guggenheim network that began in the 1970s when the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York, was joined by the Peggy Guggenheim Collection, Venice, has since expanded to include the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao (opened 1997) and the Guggenheim Abu Dhabi (currently in development). Looking to the future, the Guggenheim Foundation continues to forge international collaborations that take contemporary art, architecture, and design beyond the walls of the museum. More information about the foundation can be found at guggenheim.org.
- Level 1 support of the foundation’s desktop hardware/software (Windows 10, and Mac) environment, printers, other infrastructure components and business applications.
- Support of the organization’s desktop hardware/software environment (OSX; Windows 10. Windows Server 2008 – 2012; Ubuntu Linux, Office 2016, other applications), printers (desktop and Multi-function), additional infrastructure components and business applications. This includes installations, moves, adds, changes, remote user support and technical problem resolution.
- Desktop-related projects, such as software standardization, image creation and anti-virus management.
- Desktop software distribution, patch management and upgrades.
- Maintain desktop inventory and develop a replacement schedule based on established refresh cycle.
- Provide iPad support.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and provide recommendations pertaining to the continual evolution of the organization’s technology infrastructure.
- Develop and update documentation for supported systems.
- Participation in the department’s after hour “on call” support rotation.
- Other activities, as assigned by the Chief Information Officer and Help Desk Manager.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in providing desktop support services, with applicable technologies/platforms. This should include a very strong background with Mac OS and iOS platforms, as well as solid working familiarity supporting Windows 10 and Microsoft Office.
- A strong customer service-orientation.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of networking concepts and technologies.
- Vendor coordination and service level management experience.
- Background in remote access support.
- Understanding of best practices, with respect to security and compliance.
- Experience authoring and updating technical documentation.
- Flexibility, including effective handling of multiple, concurrent priorities.
- Practical project management experience, desirable.
The Guggenheim offers a competitive salary and access to a variety of cultural institutions, discounts to museum stores, and a stimulating and collegial work environment.
The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.