The Broad : Preparator
About the Position
As a member of The Broad prep crew, you will join an efficient, vibrant, and professional team of people who bring a wide range of skill and experience to build exhibitions. Our focus is on caring for our collection and our staff, using common sense and communication combined with good tools, techniques, and training. We stay up to date with developments in our field, and share our own innovations with our colleagues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Read and understand technical drawings and installation instructions
- Prepare exhibition spaces and furniture for artwork, including patching, painting, running cables, cleaning
- Safely handle and install artwork for exhibitions, travel, and storage
- Adhere to The Broad safety procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Requirements
- At least two years’ experience handling art or artifacts in a museum, high end gallery, or art handling company
- Knowledge of best practices and materials for packing and installing artwork
- Ability to clearly communicate with supervisors and fellow preparators
- Self-motivated, reliable, and detail oriented
- Ability to comfortably lift 60 pounds
- Ability to use tools and equipment for art installation safely and skillfully
- Ability to work at heights over 8 feet
Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background and reference check, which will include criminal reports as well as verifications of employment and educational records. You must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
This position will have a variable schedule. Selected candidates may have periods during which they are not scheduled to work at all, interspersed with periods of heavy workloads and overtime.
Competitive and commensurate with experience.
To apply, visit: https://www.thebroad.org/employment/preparator