Magazzino Italian Art Foundation : Executive Assistant
Magazzino Italian Art Foundation is a museum located in Cold Spring, NY, devoted to Italian Postwar and Contemporary Art. Magazzino, meaning warehouse in Italian, was co-founded by Nancy Olnick and Giorgio Spanu.
Magazzino is looking for a bright, energetic, organized self-starter to join its team as Executive Assistant. This position will be involved in the daily activities of the art gallery, and supports the Executive Director.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES SPLITTING TIME WORKING AT THE MUSEUM AND THE NYC OFFICE
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
• General administrative duties, including filing, email correspondence, answering phones
• Coordinate appointments, events, and meetings, conference calls
• Maintain calendar for Executive Director
• Help organize special events
• Work special events as required
• Ensure office equipment is maintained regularly, including copier machine, fax, phones, computers, etc.
• Order supplies for office and gallery, as needed
DESIRED EDUCATION & AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree required. Major/minor in Art History, Arts Management, Fine Art or similar a definite plus
• Up to 2 years previous related experience in arts management preferred, but not required
• Strong enthusiasm for and interest in the visual arts
• Excellent organization skills, with the ability to prioritize work
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Polished, professional demeanor
• Great attention to detail
• Solid MS Office skills (especially Excel)
• Working knowledge of FileMaker PRO & Photoshop
• Bi lingual or Tri lingual a definite plus
To apply, interested, qualified applicants can please submit resume and cover letter.