Calder Foundation : Office Assistant
The Calder Foundation, a nonprofit institution dedicated to preserving the legacy of the artist Alexander Calder, is seeking to hire a full-time Office Assistant. This position is responsible for serving as first point of contact, managing the general operation of the office, and supporting Foundation staff with administrative duties.
The Office Assistant position is an excellent opportunity for a responsible individual looking to contribute to and grow with our organization.
• Managing the front door, receiving and distributing mail and packages, receiving and attending to guests, preparing the office for visitors and events
• Answering and directing phone calls and emailed requests, responding to general inquiries
• Ordering and maintaining office supplies, running errands as needed
• Scheduling office maintenance and supervising external contractors
• Reconciling basic accounting for office expenses
• Performing daily administrative responsibilities related to the Foundation’s archive, external affairs, and intellectual property departments
• Assisting staff with administrative or logistical duties as requested
• Bachelor of Arts degree, or equivalent
• Two years of administrative experience, preferably in the visual arts
• Proficiency with Mac OS, MS Office, and basic databases (FileMaker)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively
• Ability to priotize and problem-solve with minimal supervision
• A willingness to assist and a strong sense of responsibility to facilitate all aspects of office productivity
• Interest in the Artist and the Foundation’s mission and activities
Starting salary is $36,000/yr.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.