Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum : Membership Internship – Summer 2019
Position Title: Membership Intern – Summer 2019
Reports to: Membership Manager
Type of Position: Unpaid internship, part-time
Hours per week: 10-12
Application deadline: Saturday, May 11, 2019
Who You Are
You’re an innovator who thrives in a fast-paced, creative environment, balancing interactions with people and taking steps to help create programming that is appealing to them. You dig into the why and how, leading projects from conception to successful completion/launch, making connections between internal and external audiences. You know how to have fun, put people at ease, and you don’t take yourself too seriously. Last, but not least, you understand – or want to learn – that membership is more than just raising money; it’s about fostering relationships and creating sustainable impact.
What You’ll Do
You’ll help to support the ongoing initiatives of the Membership team. A key part of your role will be providing insight into tactics to broaden and diversify our audiences and membership base.Supporting the Museum’s efforts to increase strategic growth audiences through research and bench-marking you will provide key data on industry programming trends.
In addition to your work with audience growth and development, you’ll also:
- Engage with members and Museum visitors by supporting front-line staff and our Membership Associate during regular business hours or at member events
- Support member service operations and community initiatives, including administrative tasks and marketing communications
- Support membership and marketing operations, including data entry, membership fulfillment, and customer service tasks
- Participate in the planning of programming and campaigns, as well as support the work of a new cross-departmental team focused on membership growth
What You’ll Learn
You’ll see how the Gardner Museum interacts with current and prospective members, including members-only tours and events, as well as written communications. You’ll also experience how an arts organization can work to appeal to a new demographic. You’ll have the opportunity to learn how membership ties into most every other Museum department and how everyone works together to create unique and enjoyable experiences for our member community.
- No art or art history experience required, though enthusiasm is welcomed
- Curiosity and follow-through, comfortable asking questions and making connections
- Detail-oriented with an ability to see the big picture
- Adept at learning and using technology
- Interest in creating putting together events; event and/or customer service experience preferred
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of which trends prove attractive to today’s audiences
- Interest in museums and nonprofit organizations
Join our dedicated, talented team of employees, interns and volunteers, who are passionate about the work they do to support the Museum’s mission. To apply for this position, please use our online application. This is our preferred application method.
We often review applications on a rolling basis once a position has been posted. If you are particularly interested in an open position, we recommend submitting your application sooner than the stated deadline, if possible, to ensure consideration for the position
The Gardner Museum is committed to affording equal opportunities to qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disabilities, marital status or sexual orientation. Candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
We receive many resumes and kindly request that you do not call to inquire about the status of your application. Those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.
To apply, visit: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/117646