The J. Paul Getty Trust : Sr. Project Coordinator
Reporting to the Supervisor in the Collections Department of the Getty Conservation Institute, the Senior Project Coordinator will support a number of Project Specialists on a variety of complex international projects.
Major Job Responsibilities
Applies comprehensive knowledge of institutional and departmental policies and procedures to complete a wide range of complex project coordination tasks. Coordinate international training courses and workshops, meetings, conferences, seminars, etc. as needed. Assists in the development of didactic materials and the creation and maintenance of course websites. Assists in the creation and tracking of contracts, including communication with outside vendors and processing invoices for payment. Assists in preparation of budget materials and with developing and finalizing project plans and budgets. Tracks, monitors and reports on project progress and budget expenditures. Coordinates logistics for complicated international travel, supply orders and shipping for projects. Prepares travel documents and expense reports. Arranges logistics and assists international visitors to the Institute.
Candidates must be proficient in Excel, Word and database software with strong written, verbal communication and listening skills. Must be detailed-oriented, able to effectively handle multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change, a good problem-solver and a creative thinker. Demonstrated success in follow through and completing projects. Fluency in a foreign language strongly desired.
Deadline for application submission: April 15, 2019
All applicants should upload a cover letter and resume as a single file (either as a PDF or MS Word document) when prompted to upload a resume online.
A Bachelor’s degree and 4-6 years of experience coordinating projects is necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service/interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and assign work to others
- Depending on assigned area, reading or conversation skills in one or more foreign languages preferred