Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum : Museum Store Sales Associate (Part-time)
Gift at the Gardner, a unique destination spot within the visual splendor of the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, inspires the senses with products that reflect the Museum’s cornerstones: the historical collection, contemporary art, music, landscape, and education. The Sales Associate will partner with the Store Manager and colleagues to provide service and information to Gift at the Gardner visitors and customers. The Sales Associate will be knowledgeable about the products presented, fluent in the services that the Museum has to offer, and will promote the Museum’s mission, exhibitions, programs and special events. As a representative of the Museum, the Sales Associate will maintain the highest level of courtesy and service to the visiting public.
- Prepare store for daily opening and closing in a safe and efficient manner; count cash drawers, ensure POS equipment is properly working, replenish back stock of product and supplies (including shopping bags, tissue, bubble wrap and other materials)
- Attend daily Flash Meetings at 10:30am in Museum Lobby to learn more about the daily schedule for tour groups, introductory talks, special events, etc.
- Create a welcome store experience for customers courteously responding to requests, inquiries and purchase transactions. Assist within-person and phone special orders with accurate knowledge of shipping policies and gift wrapping
- Remain knowledge about store products, daily activities throughout the Museum, memberships, and other information to assist visitors with heir Museum experience; provide accurate artist and production information to customers
- Maintain merchandise displays and store appearance, ensuring the selling floor is fully stocked and visually inspiring
- Remain knowledgeable about store sales goals and actively participate in achieving those goals
- Assist Store Manager in administrative activities related to store operations and setting up for special events and special sales
This is a part-time position with 25 hours (approx.) per week schedule. Availability for Sundays and Mondays shift (9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.) is required. Other additional shifts can be flexible. Availability for Tuesday, June 25th is required for annual inventory day.
- Outstanding customer service background
- Prior professional retail sales experience; prior luxury goods experience a plus
- Ability to work well in a team environment; exceptional interpersonal skills
- Proactive; able to multi-task and prioritize
- Reliable and prompt
- Comfortable and competent working with numbers/figures
- Familiarity with POS systems
- Ability to safely lift up to 40 pounds; ability to climb ladders
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Available to work store schedule, including some evening and weekend hours; ability to maintain work schedule through the month of December
Join our dedicated, talented team of employees, interns and volunteers, who are passionate about the work they do to support the Museum’s mission. To apply for this position, please use our online application.
We often review applications on a rolling basis once a position has been posted. If you are particularly interested in an open position, we recommend submitting your application sooner than the stated deadline, if possible, to ensure consideration for the position
The Gardner Museum is committed to affording equal opportunities to qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disabilities, marital status or sexual orientation. Candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
We receive many resumes and kindly request that you do not call to inquire about the status of your application. Those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.
To apply, visit: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/116389