The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation : Executive Assistant, Finance & Operations
Founded in 1937, the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is dedicated to promoting the understanding and appreciation of art, primarily of the modern and contemporary periods, through exhibitions, education programs, research initiatives, and publications. The Guggenheim network that began in the 1970s when the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York, was joined by the Peggy Guggenheim Collection, Venice, has since expanded to include the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao (opened 1997) and the Guggenheim Abu Dhabi (currently in development). Looking to the future, the Guggenheim Foundation continues to forge international collaborations that take contemporary art, architecture, and design beyond the walls of the museum. More information about the foundation can be found at guggenheim.org.
- Provide a full range of support including: maintain offices for the Chief Operating Officer and the Chief Financial Officer; manage appointment calendars for both; review and reply to incoming phone calls, email and paper correspondence; arrange travel schedules and reservations; process expense reports and invoices in web-based accounting software (Concur)
- Provide support to finance department including:
- On a weekly basis, calculate and track attendance revenue in Excel
- Compile exhibition budgets from various departments and track changes;
- Creating PowerPoint presentations and reports for internal and external meetings;
- Extract and analyze data from accounting software and create ad-hoc reports as needed (e.g. run a detailed general ledger report)
- Assist with annual financial statement audit (e.g. gather documentation)
- Analyze quarterly financial data to identify capital assets and prepare journal entries
- Assist with administration of the corporate credit card program
- Manage Chief Operating Officer’s Project Tracker spreadsheet that details deadlines and milestones for ongoing projects and initiatives; attend relevant meetings to monitor progress and action items
- Liaise with external insurance broker for general and liability insurance; handle internal questions; maintain file of Certificate of Insurance documents for vendors
- Respond to inquiries from internal and external personnel using proper judgment and initiative to ensure critical issues are handled or escalated appropriately
- Utilize Excel to assist with a variety of operational and financial projects
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BA and a two to four years’ solid, related administrative experience
- Attention to detail; comfortable working with numbers and analyzing data
- Collaborative work style; comfortable interacting with all levels in the organization
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to develop creative solutions alongside other stakeholders
- Ability and interest in learning new computer software
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when handling sensitive information and material.
- Requires a highly proactive approach, with the ability to plan and manage routine tasks and long-term projects with minimal supervision in a deadline-driven and fast-paced environment.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of basic accounting practices preferred.
- Knowledge of Concur, Great Plains, and Adobe Acrobat a plus.
The Guggenheim offers a competitive salary and excellent medical, dental, life, disability and retirement plan coverage. Our staff also enjoys generous vacation, sick leave and personal days, access to a variety of cultural institutions, discounts to museum stores and a stimulating and collegial work environment.
The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, visit: https://theapplicantmanager.com/jobs?pos=NY167