The J. Paul Getty Trust: Senior Staff Assistant
The J. Paul Getty Museum’s curatorial department of Manuscripts seeks a highly organized, responsible and flexible individual to provide administrative support for the department as a Senior Staff Assistant. The successful candidate will be proficient with Microsoft Office applications and data systems, have strong administrative, communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills, exhibit exceptional attention to detail, and exercise discretion in dealing with information.
Duties require largely independent execution, including: coordinating meetings, events, and domestic and international travel; composing and tracking a wide range of documents, and preparing reports; achieving proficiency with institutional software systems. Undertakes administrative projects and conducts data analysis. Regularly performs a variety of routine accounting, budget tracking and forecasting, expense reporting, data entry, filing, desktop computer support, mailing, and other clerical tasks. Anticipates departmental administrative needs and develops efficiencies to minimize workflow disruptions. Handles complex written and phone inquiries and interacts with all level of internal personnel and outside colleagues and guests.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Coordinates travel arrangements for departmental staff, submits Travel requests and Expense reports.
- Manages calendars for Senior Curator and Manuscripts Study Room. Schedules Study Room visits for dealers, collectors, researchers, and classes. Answers external queries.
- Assists in the preparation, development and production of presentations.
- Responds to inquiries and requests for information requiring knowledge of department/program activities, policies and procedures.
- Serves as internal resource to department/program staff on Getty policies and procedures. Researches information and relays official interpretations. Stays up to date on organizational policies and procedures.
- Performs administrative duties associated with scheduling and coordinating meetings and planning events. Arranges with external vendors for services, gathers and organizes supporting information, and oversees production and distribution of related materials.
- Researches and gathers data for department/program reports. Conducts preliminary analysis of data and recommends report content and format to display findings most effectively.
- Drafts and monitors contracts, invoices, and payments for external consultants and vendors. Interacts with Procurement and Finance Departments to provide information and resolve issues.
- Assists in the preparation of budget materials. Tracks and monitors budget expenditures and reports on variances. Completes monthly purchasing card reconciliation.
- Assists in maintaining office equipment and manages departmental needs for office supplies.
- Oversees day-to-day office operations.
- Organizes departmental filing systems in accordance with institutional policy.
- High school diploma/GED; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 3-4 years related experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications – Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to follow through and complete assigned tasks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service/interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Depending on assigned area, reading or conversation skills in one or more foreign languages preferred
To apply, visit: https://jobs-getty.icims.com/jobs/3502/senior-staff-assistant/job