CUE Art Foundation: Programs Intern – Fall 2019
CUE Art Foundation is a 16-year-old visual arts center dedicated to creating opportunities for emerging and under-recognized artists, curators, and writers through exhibitions, public programming, and arts education.
CUE seeks a motivated intern who is interested in learning the inner workings of a small non-profit art gallery. The intern will assist the Programs Manager and Programs Associate in a wide array of tasks, gaining hands-on experience in all facets of planning, publicizing, and documenting the programs of this artist-centered organization.
– Assist with exhibition openings, artist workshops, and gallery events
– Update outreach and contact lists
– Document programs
– Edit catalogue essays, press release copy, and artist talk transcriptions
– Prepare press kits and catalogue mailings
– Prepare audio recordings for publication as podcasts
– Maintain website and social media content
– Assist with the organization of image, catalogue, video, and press archives
– Contribute ideas to brainstorm sessions and assist with the execution of new initiatives
The ideal candidate would be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in art, arts administration, or a related field.
Strong writing/research skills, familiarity with Squarespace, Adobe Photoshop, and InDesign is preferred. Experience with photography and/or video editing, graphic design, and social media platforms a plus.