The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation : Part-time Benefits Specialist
This part-time (3 days/ week) position is responsible for the maintenance and administration of all employee benefit programs. Working with new hires, as well as employees from all departments and levels, the Benefits Specialist will coordinate leave requests, maintain benefits-related communications, and organize education sessions to ensure benefits information is distributed. The Benefits Specialist will work closely with the Manager, HR Operations as well as the Director of Human Resources.
- Assist with the administration of all employee benefit programs including:
- Flexible Spending Account program
- FMLA requests
- STD, LTD and Life
- Workers’ Compensation
- 403(b) Retirement program
- Organize, schedule and deliver employee benefit education seminars as required throughout the year for:
- Annual Open Enrollment
- New Hire orientation
- Quarterly 403(b) plan enrollments
- Various wellness programs
- Responsible for accurate processing of all leave requests, workers’ compensation claims, STD, LTD and Life claims. Work closely with employees and appropriate insurance companies for this purpose.
- Write and maintain benefit communication materials to be distributed to candidates, new hires, and current staff.
- Assist in evaluating features of current comprehensive benefits package and making recommendations for improvements. Work with benefit brokers, participate in benefit surveys and develop census data for benefit program bids.
- Maintain employee benefit files.
- Accurately process enrollments for all coverage of new hires.
- Process COBRA letters and other benefit documents as appropriate for employees resigning or being terminated.
- Handle all staff benefit inquiries.
- Read and remain current regarding all benefit laws and legislative changes.
- Assist with data input from benefits enrollments and changes.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field e.g. concentration in HR, Industrial or Behavioral Psychology, Sociology.
- Three to five years HR Benefits experience. Prior work at creative and nonprofit industries a plus.
- Experience using HRIS database software. Knowledge of Paycom a plus.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Strong presentation skills, written and verbal communication skills.
To apply, visit: https://theapplicantmanager.com/jobs?pos=NY166