The J. Paul Getty Trust : Project/Administrative III
The Getty is actively searching for a Sr. Staff Assistant to support the A/P and Payroll Services Department at the Getty Center, Los Angeles.
The person in this position assists in an administrative capacity and is responsible for ensuring day-to-day operations are managed so that the department runs smoothly. Candidates should be self-motivated and able to work in a very fast-paced, deadline driven, and collaborative environment.
The successful candidate will possess excellent organizational and communication skills.
Responsible for providing a variety of administrative duties and project coordination for the department, project team and department manager.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Sorts, screens and distributes incoming
- Handles and oversees the AP Processing email box
- Responds to inquiries and requests for information received from vendors and Getty staff
- Follows up on pending requests by phone & written inquiries
- Interacts with Procurement and Finance Departments to provide information and resolve issues
- Scans invoices for the AP Department and maintains the vendor’s files
- Handles all daily pay cycles for the AP Dept.: checks, ACHs, ePays and wires
- Acts as backup to print checks for the Payroll Department
- Sends the daily Positive Pay files to the bank
- Assists in the preparation of check deposits
- Updates several excel reports
- Provides administrative services to the AP & Payroll Departments
- High school diploma/GED; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 3-4 years related experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications
- Demonstrated ability to follow through and complete assigned tasks
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service/interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent at time management
- Must be punctual and reliable