Dia Art Foundation : Social Media and Digital Communications Associate
Dia Art Foundation seeks an experienced and talented Social Media and Digital Communications Associate to join the team.This is a full-time position based at Dia’s offices in New York City.
Dia is committed to advancing, realizing, and preserving the vision of extraordinary artists. A nonprofit founded in 1974, Dia collects the work of some of the most renowned artists of the last half-century, presents long-term, site-specific projects, executes new commissions, and produces scholarly publications related to its collection and exhibitions.
Reporting to the Director of Communications and Marketing, this position is responsible for the day-to-day management of digital communications activity, including website content management, social media content, special social media initiatives, the development of new digital initiatives, e-mail campaigns, and social media marketing. This role works closely with all departments at Dia, particularly the Curatorial, Education, Graphic Design, Publications, and Visitor Experience teams. The Social Media and Digital Communications Associate will collaborate interdepartmentally to create content, assist with requests, and widely implement institutional strategy across digital channels.
- Manage website content including copy, images, and multimedia assets for Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Ensure the quality of webpages by copyediting, proofreading, and maintaining consistency, following Dia’s internal house style in consultation with the Publications department
- Ensure accurate image captions on the website and in the digital archive
- Coordinate with all departments to maintain timelines and ensure content and information is updated regularly
- Work in collaboration with the Director of IT and Director of Communications and Marketing to execute branding and website architecture updates
- Manage the day-to-day operations of social media platforms (including Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter); write, edit, and post content across all platforms daily
- Maintain accuracy and the institutional voice according to the in-house style guide across all channels, develop audience engagement, and grow visitorship across all sites and programming
- Work closely with all departments to create engaging and dynamic social media content, including Instagram Lives and Stories
- Monitor and evaluate new developments in social media and marketing and make recommendations for new initiatives, digital strategies, campaigns, and platforms
- Serve as Dia’s primary spokesperson for online community management, monitoring and responding to comments, public feedback and inquiries on social media in coordination with the Director of Communications and Marketing
- Work with the Director of Communications and Marketing to develop and execute digital marketing campaigns for social media advertising
- Coordinate, edit, build, and distribute outbound e-mail campaigns to support programs and initiatives, including monthly e-newsletters, membership, and event promotions
- Create and implement strategies to develop and refine e-mail marketing programs
- Conduct routine maintenance and cleanup of general mailing list
- Design digital marketing assets
- Oversee and schedule photography for all public programs
- Create quarterly metric reports to track social media and newsletter reach
- Utilize analytic tools to measure growth and individual campaign success
- Track Dia media and social media coverage, and relevant cultural news; compile regular media roundups for senior staff
- Other marketing and communications functions, as assigned
- BA in related field (art history, communications, liberal arts) required
- At least 4 years of experience working in communications or digital media, preferably at a museum, nonprofit, or contemporary art space
- Experience working with CMS and HTML
- An understanding of principles of UX design (user-centered)
- Knowledge of best practices for digital communications and social media required
- Proven proficiency in growing social media followings and in creating engaging social media content
- Photoshop skills required; InDesign skills preferred
- Proven knowledge of digital analytic tools
- Excellent written, editorial, and communication skills with exceptional attention to detail, using correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar, following Dia style
- Working knowledge of design terminology, materials, and methods required
- Ability to present oneself professionally, diplomatically, and comfortably with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Strong project management skills and excellent organizational skills
- Regular work schedule is Monday–Friday, 9:30 am–5:30 pm; however, must have flexibility to work occasional nights and weekends, and travel to Dia:Beacon, as needed
To apply, please submit a letter of interest and resume.
Dia provides a competitive salary and a generous benefits package including health, life, and disability insurance plans and a 401(k) plan with company match. Paid time‐off benefits include three weeks of vacation, ten days of sick leave, and twelve holidays. Additionally, staff ID badges gain reduced or free admission to most American museums and arts organizations.
Dia is an equal opportunity employer.