Dia Art Foundation: Development Internship
Dia Art Foundation is seeking a part-time Development Intern.
Working closely with the entire Development team, the Intern will learn from and contribute to all aspects of the Development office. Projects include assisting with events, donor database management, fundraising, membership communications, and various administrative tasks. The Intern will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience within a dynamic Development department.
Dia is committed to advancing, realizing, and preserving the vision of artists. A nonprofit founded in 1974, Dia fulfills its mission by commissioning single artist projects, organizing exhibitions, realizing site-specific installations, and collecting in-depth the work of a focused group of artists of the 1960s and 1970s.
- Membership acknowledgments and renewal communications
- Fundraising database maintenance and data upkeep
- Prospect research for exhibitions and programs
- Assist in planning and facilitating events, including two annual fundraisers: Dia Fall Night and Dia:Beacon Spring Benefit
- Assist at Dia programs and events in New York City, Beacon, and Bridgehampton, New York
- General administrative tasks
Training and knowledge opportunities:
- Extensive training in Altru (a Blackbaud fundraising database and ticketing system)
- Renewal and acknowledgment processes for membership donations
- Donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship events and communications
- Experiential learning through dialogue and collaboration with professionals in a fast-paced work environment
- Proactive individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Attentive, diligent, and professional working style
- Basic knowledge of Altru or other Blackbaud database preferred but not required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Basic understanding of contemporary art
This unpaid Development Internship is based in Dia’s administrative offices in New York City with occasional travel to Dia:Beacon, with travel expenses paid by Dia. Internship requires a commitment of 1 to 3 days per week from October 2019 to January 2020 with the possibility of an extension and eligibility for college credit.
For consideration, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls or e-mails to addresses other than the one specified.