The J. Paul Getty Trust : Project/Administrative III
The J. Paul Getty Museum’s Antiquities Conservation department seeks a highly organized, responsible and flexible individual to provide administrative support for the department as a Senior Staff Assistant. The successful candidate will be proficient with Microsoft Office applications and data systems, have strong administrative, communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills and exercise discretion in dealing with confidential information.
Duties require largely independent execution, including: coordinating meetings, events, and domestic and international travel; composing and tracking a wide range of documents, and preparing reports. Regularly performs a variety of routine accounting, budget tracking and forecasting, expense reporting, filing, desktop computer support, mailing, and other clerical tasks. Anticipates departmental administrative needs and develops efficiencies to minimize workflow disruptions. Handles complex written and phone inquiries and interacts with all level of internal personnel and outside colleagues and guests.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Composes and produces a variety of business correspondence, reports and related materials or guides the work of other staff to produce these materials.
- Coordinates the preparation, development and production of major documents, such as presentations or proposals.
- Responds to inquiries and requests for information requiring knowledge of department/program activities, policies and procedures.
- Serves as internal resource to department staff on Getty and Museum policies and procedures. Stays up to date on organizational policies and procedures.
- Performs administrative duties associated with scheduling and coordinating meetings, convenings, and planning events. Arranges with external vendors for services, and manages the department’s P-Card purchases. Prepares agendas, gathers and organizes supporting information, and oversees production and distribution of related materials. May attend functions to ensure satisfactory outcome.
- Maintains supervisor and department calendars and accepts or declines commitments on her behalf.
- Makes travel arrangements for supervisor, department or project team as needed.
- Prepares travel authorizations and expense reports in accordance with Getty Business and Expense policy and procedures. Interacts with Procurement and Finance Departments to create purchase orders and pay vendors.
- Assists in administration of contracts. Interacts with Procurement and Finance Departments to provide information and resolve issues.
- Assist in the preparation of budget materials. Tracks and monitors budget expenditures and reports on variances.
- Oversees day‐to‐day office operations. Implements changes or enhancements to procedures to improve productivity and efficiency. Assists in maintaining office equipment and manages departmental needs for office supplies.
- Assist in organization and maintenance of department archival records and library as required.
- High school diploma/GED; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 3-4 years related experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications – Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to follow through and complete assigned tasks.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service/interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to be tactful, diplomatic, and a team player in order to collaborate with a wide range of colleagues in a positive environment.