The Barnes Foundation : Recruitment and Training Manager
Description: The Barnes Foundation is seeking a Recruitment and Training Manager. As an integral member of the Human Resources Department, The Recruitment and Training Manager will work cross-functionally to coordinate and manage aspects of the recruitment process and training initiatives for The Barnes Foundation. This position is highly visible and critical in growing the organization. This manager will drive the hiring process to ensure that open positions are filled quickly with the best talent possible and will support training activities to develop staff to ensure high performance and productivity.
We’re committed to diversity and equal opportunity in our recruitment and hiring. Highly qualified candidates of all backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply for this position.
Established in 1922 as an educational institution, the Barnes Foundation carries out its mission by promoting appreciation of the arts and horticultural science, through the preservation, presentation, and interpretation of the collections of Albert C. and Laura L. Barnes.
Celebrated for its exceptional breadth, depth, and quality, the Barnes Foundation’s art collection includes works by some of the greatest European and American masters of impressionism, post-impressionist, and early modern art, as well as African sculpture, Pennsylvania German decorative arts, Native American textiles, metalwork, and more.
The Barnes Foundation engages diverse audiences through its exceptional collections and high-quality programs that reflect a broad range of periods and cultures and build on the founders’ innovative educational vision of transforming lives through the arts and horticulture.
• Successfully manage recruitment and talent acquisition process
• Handles all recruitment and selection activities in a highly urgent way with a focus on meeting recruitment cycle goals
• Manage open positions list including newly created and replacement positions
• Utilize creative branding techniques to attract job seekers and build company brand image by creating a positive candidate experience
• Responsible for developing new talent pools through the use of internal/external contacts, cost effective sourcing strategies, and networking resources
• Solicits and listens closely to departmental direction and feedback on key qualifications for positions, and communicates realistic job previews prior to all job offers
• Consult with hiring managers in creating, reviewing, and editing job descriptions to accurately reflect role responsibilities
• Recruitment and selection of job applicants including determining qualifications for available positions
• Responsible for advertising, scheduling, and attending employment events including external job fairs and other recruitment events
• Reviews resumes and employment applications for hourly, management and office positions to determine if applicant has appropriate experience, skills and employment background to be considered for a position
• Conduct phone screens of applicants as needed
• Maintains and documents candidate communication within the applicant tracking system
• Provides support and training to hiring managers and support staff on recruitment and hiring best practices
• Facilitate orientation and create onboarding process for new team members
• Guides New Hires through offer, onboarding and training process
• Responsible for the maintenance of applicant tracking system (ADP) and for training managers on the use of the system
• Create quarterly and annual training schedules
• Manage employee training programs and tracks employee training activities
• Develop, update, and present new as well as existing training materials for managers and employees
• Utilize various platforms for training such as GoToMeeting and PowerPoint
• Develop employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, key employee retention, development, and high performance
• Develop new streamlined processes within department to support the institution, write SOP’s as needed
• Update and perform monthly New Hire Surveys for new team members
• Supports operations in all training initiatives
• Manage special projects as needed
• Performs other duties as assigned/required by supervisor
Skills and Knowledge:
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• 3-5 years of recruiting experience in a high-volume, ever-changing environment with a focus on efficiency and accuracy
• 3+ years of training and development experience
• 3+ years of experience in public speaking/presentations, highly preferred
• Proficient in the use of ADP Workforce Now or other Human Resource Information Systems
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and basic Microsoft Excel
• Proven track record of filling positions with qualified candidates in required deadlines
• PHR or SHRM-CP Certification Preferred
Competitive Benefits Include: Group medical, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; short- and long-term disability and group life insurance; 403(b) with matching contributions; Employee Assistance Program; voluntary benefits; as well as paid vacation, personal time, sick time and holidays.
Please include a cover letter and an updated resume with your application.
The Barnes Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we’re committed to diversity and equal opportunity in our recruitment and hiring. Qualified candidates of all backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply for this position. Employees have rights under other laws including, but not limited to, the Family and Medical Leave Act and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act. We participate in E-Verify.