The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation: Part-time Licensing Assistant
The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is seeking a part-time licensing assistant to help with managing requests for commercial and editorial usage of the Guggenheim Museum’s building, exhibition and collections imagery. This individual will assist with contract preparation and handle requests for use of images from a range of organizations and individuals including publishers, museums, artists, scholars, marketing agencies, and others. The position will be two days per week for a total of 16 hours weekly.
Founded in 1937, the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is dedicated to promoting the understanding and appreciation of art, architecture, and other manifestations of visual culture, primarily of the modern and contemporary periods. The Guggenheim realizes this mission through exceptional exhibitions, education programs, research initiatives, and publications. The Guggenheim strives to engage and educate an increasingly diverse international audience through its unique network of museums and partnerships. With nearly three million annual visitors worldwide, the Guggenheim and its network is one of the most visited cultural institutions in the world.
- Assists in preparation of contracts for commercial and editorial usage of building, exhibition and collection imagery to be licensed to trade publishers, museums, artists and scholars. This includes: writing and monitoring email correspondence, invoicing, enforcing reproduction policy, reviewing color proofs and credit lines.
- Assists in day-to-day operations of the museum’s trade and editorial licensing business including: answering requests through licensing e-mail address, handling both unsolicited requests for trademark use and advertising campaigns, ensure contract preparation in a timely fashion.
- Conducts photo research within the museum’s image archives and digital asset management system.
- Maintains records of signed contracts and payments. Produces monthly reports on Licensing activity.
- Interacts with Curatorial, Registrar, External Affairs, Library & Archives, Retail, Development and Special Events departments to coordinate licensing requests.
Education, Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Legal Studies, Business Administration or Library Science or similar
- Beginning knowledge of the print and online publishing industry
- Beginning knowledge of intellectual property, copyright and trademarks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior organizational skills and follow through
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom and Bridge, Word, Excel
The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, visit: https://theapplicantmanager.com/jobs?pos=NY196