The J. Paul Getty Trust : Security Technician Supervisor
- Develops and participates with project planning for exhibitions and construction projects.
- Oversees and coordinates projects to ensure progress and quality. Duties include scheduling of technicians, vendors, and contractors and coordinating activities with various departments.
- Provides or obtains training for personnel on systems or projects as needed.
- Provides in-house consultation for a variety of construction projects.
- Provides direct supervision of technical support staff.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Performs supervisory duties over lead, support or project staff, according to established guidelines, procedures and policies
- Supports higher level supervisors/managers by performing a variety of operational functions
- May become actively involved in daily operations when required to meet schedules or resolve complex issues
- Plans, assigns and evaluates the work of staff members, provides technical expertise to staff, and establishes and/or monitors current methods and policies
- May recommend changes in practices and procedures to increase operating efficiency
- Documents performance, provides performance feedback and formally evaluates the work of employees
- Ensures that projects are completed on time following established procedures and schedules
- 1-2 years lead or supervisory experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of practices, technicalities, and work methods for assigned area
- Ability to organize, manage work, and monitor the performance of others
- Ability to orient and train staff
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form