The Phillips Collection : Major Gifts Officer
The Major Gifts Officer will work collaboratively with the major gifts team and the campaign cabinet to raise major gifts for the annual fund, special exhibitions, special projects and the campaign. The Major Gifts Officer will serve as an ambassador for the museum both internally and externally.
• Identify and cultivate prospects, develop solicitation strategies, and steward donors
• Manage a portfolio of donors and build strong donor relationships
• Develop upgrade strategies to move donors to higher giving levels over time
• Assist in event management for annual gala, circle benefits, and exhibition openings
• Work with campaign cabinet on communications and plans for campaign outreach
• Manage major gifts efforts for Phillips Chamber Society and Education programs.
• Work collaboratively to incorporate planned giving messages in development materials and to build planned giving program
• Report on fundraising results and provide information for budget process and board reports.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Some evening and weekend hours are needed based on event schedules.
• Bachelor of Arts Degree and minimum of three to five 3-5 years related experience required.
• Proven fundraising experience in a not-for-profit environment, preferably within the art world.
• Demonstrated ability to design and implement effective cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for major donors.
• Excellent communications skills
• Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and adhere to deadlines
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to exercise good judgment, show initiative, and handle sensitive materials in a trustworthy and confidential manner.
• Proficiency with Blackbaud/Altru databases.
• Experience using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word Excel, PowerPoint).
• Interest and knowledge of art desirable.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Please include salary requirements with your applicattion.
The Phillips Collection is an equal opportunity employer and administers all employment decisions and personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic disposition or carrier status, marital status, veteran status, personal appearance, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.