The J. Paul Getty Trust : Program Coordinator
The Education Department of the J. Paul Getty Museum seeks a limited term, part time employee to coordinate their school partnership program. The Program Coordinator works closely with a team of educators under supervision of the Education Specialist for School Communities. Together, this team designs and implements arts programming for and with a partner charter school network, including programs with students, teachers, administrators, and families.
Part time schedule must conform to the charter school calendar and include at least an 8 hour day on Wednesday plus one other 8 hour day. Remaining weekly hours are flexible. This position, along with the partnership team, leads approximately 6 weekend and evening events per year.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Manages program statistics and assists Education Specialist with tracking the project budget;
- Researches trends in classroom and museum education;
- With the help of program team, develops Arts Integrated lesson components and curricular materials;
- Thinks creatively about the Getty Collection, and how it best applies to a variety of audiences, including Visual and Performing Arts Teachers, Classroom Teachers, K-12 Students, and Family/ Community members, especially novice museum visitors;
- Assists in administration of contracts, interacts with procurement and finance;
- Under the guidance of the Education Specialist, leads specific aspects of program, which may include Professional Development Teacher Exchanges, After School Programs, and/or family and community events;
- Co-develops and teaches specialized activities in the galleries for K-12 students;
- Maintains regular contact with school partners, participates in weekly internal and external meetings;
- Actively contributes in School Communities planning and strategy sessions.
- High school diploma/GED
- Minimum 2-3 years related experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Strong candidate will be:
- Detail oriented and able to handle shifting priorities and tasks. Able to problem solve and think creatively.
- Able to develop relationships with school networks at multiple levels, including students, teachers, administrators and families/guardians in the larger school community.
- Nimble, thoughtful, and empathetic to the needs of our audience.
- Proficient in computer skills and office software, as well as the Google Classroom Suite.
- Fluent in a foreign language, Spanish preferred.
- Must have reliable transportation and ability to travel offsite for meetings and programs.
To apply, visit: https://jobs-getty.icims.com/jobs/3404/program-coordinator/job