The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation : Associate, Group Sales & Box Office
The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is seeking to fill the position of Associate, Group Sales & Box Office. As a member of the Visitor Experience Department, the Associate is responsible for overseeing all aspects of ticketing for Works & Process and Public Programs, and performs Group Sales tasks as needed.
Founded in 1937, the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is dedicated to promoting the understanding and appreciation of art, architecture, and other manifestations of visual culture, primarily of the modern and contemporary periods. The Guggenheim realizes this mission through exceptional exhibitions, education programs, research initiatives, and publications. The Guggenheim strives to engage and educate an increasingly diverse international audience through its unique network of museums and partnerships. With nearly three million annual visitors worldwide, the Guggenheim and its network is one of the most visited cultural institutions in the world.
This position has no direct reports.
- Respond to inquiries regarding Works & Process, public programs, and general museum FAQs by phone and email
- Responsible for all aspects of ticketing and event management for Works & Process and public programs, including:
- Programming events and pricing into ticketing systems (Tix.com, Outbound, and Counterpoint)
- Entering reservations, processing payments, and following up with confirmations, tickets, and other necessary information
- Programming presale and promotion codes
- Processing memberships and donations as needed
- Maintaining existing relationships with longtime ticket buyers and patrons, and assisting with new donor cultivation
- Manage the box office during Works & Process programs (evenings and weekends) and select public programs, including processing on-site ticket sales and briefing and supervising theater ushers
- Responsible for all reporting related to box office operations (financial reconciliations, donations, attendance and revenue, survey answers, ticket buyer demographics, and others as needed)
- Coordinate with representatives from Tix.com and Outbound to troubleshoot and resolve any system issues
- Maintain Tix.com User Manual outlining all box office procedures
- Provide feedback and/or copy for marketing and communications materials
- Group Sales support as needed, which may include:
- Responding to inquiries regarding group admission and tours by phone and email
- Entering group reservations and processing payments in Outbound and following up with confirmation letters and invoices
- Coordinating tours during nonpublic hours and assisting with day-of management on site
- Training frontline staff in Group Sales operations in Outbound and Counterpoint
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree
- 2+ years of experience in a related environment with a focus on customer service
- Familiarity with web-based ticketing platforms required; Tix.com, Outbound, Counterpoint, and/or Raisers’ Edge experience a plus
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Foreign language helpful
- Arts background or interest a plus
The Guggenheim offers a competitive salary and excellent medical, dental, life, disability, and retirement plan coverage. Our staff also enjoys generous vacation, sick leave and personal days, access to a variety of cultural institutions, discounts to museum stores, and a stimulating and collegial work environment.
The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, visit: https://theapplicantmanager.com/jobs?pos=NY176