The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation : Manager, Global Communications
The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is seeking a Manager, Global Communications. Under the direction of the Interim Deputy Director and Chief of Global Communications, the position will work with the Director, Communications – Foundation and Collaborations, and assume a wide range of project-based and administrative responsibilities within the Global Communications Department. This position works with and supports the Director, Communications in developing communications strategy and carrying out operations, administration, coordination, and project management for the Foundation (including constellation museums Guggenheim Abu Dhabi, Guggenheim Bilbao, and the Peggy Guggenheim Collection) and special initiatives or funded projects as needed. In this position, significant focus will be given to internal communications; audience development and outreach; research, management, and implementation of digital initiatives such as social media, electronic communications, audio, and video; media and influencer outreach; copywriting; marketing; and blog content. This position works collaboratively within the Global Communications, Marketing, Media and Public Relations, and Digital Media departments, and across departments within the Guggenheim.
Founded in 1937, the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is dedicated to promoting the understanding and appreciation of art, primarily of the modern and contemporary periods, through exhibitions, education programs, research initiatives, and publications. The Guggenheim network that began in the 1970s when the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York, was joined by the Peggy Guggenheim Collection, Venice, has since expanded to include the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao (opened 1997) and the Guggenheim Abu Dhabi (currently in development). Looking to the future, the Guggenheim Foundation continues to forge international collaborations that take contemporary art, architecture, and design beyond the walls of the museum. More information about the foundation can be found at guggenheim.org.
This position will oversee the Global Communications Coordinator and Interns as needed.
- Serve as primary project liaison for internal and external communications related to special initiatives with particular focus on digital communications such as video and audio project management, email marketing, media and influencer outreach, and social media.
- Work closely with Director, Communications and Media and PR department to craft and execute strategic communications and funder deliverables. Jointly set benchmarks, goals, and develop metrics for measuring success.
- Work with Director and Interim Deputy Director on assignments that may develop in association with global initiatives.
- With Director, manage and execute strategic direction and output for internal communications, including but not limited to staff newsletters, all-staff meetings, Director’s address, staff surveys, and coordination with Human Resources. Manage group of interdepartmental content editors. Lead and manage Coordinator, Global Communications with internal communications tasks such as content drafting, posting, timeline creation, administration, meeting prep, etc.
- Provide writing and editing support for Director and Interim Deputy Director.
- Provide support and liaison on communication initiatives for Guggenheim Abu Dhabi, including content creation, dissemination, and outreach.
- Further develop and execute strategy and deliverables around Global Guggenheim messaging, mission, and audience outreach, working with Interim Deputy Director, Director, Communications, and Senior Advisor, Global Arts.
- With Director, lead execution of 60th Building Anniversary communications, collaborations strategy, and events for 2019
- Provide support for relationship management with current and anticipated outside vendors, including, but not limited to research, quote requests, data tracking, analysis preparation, social media support, and project administration for SRGF.
- Provide back-up to media relations onsite at events and online administration during exhibitions.
- Work collaboratively with affiliates in Bilbao and Venice to align outreach, social media, and video channels.
In collaboration with Senior Editor, Interactive:
- Contribute to conception and review process for all videos
- Write video proposals
- Act as primary interface for Marketing team—attends tactical meetings, facilitates communications, handles delivery of assets in both directions
- Support production process: assists with asset gathering and organizing shoots as needed
- Oversee YouTube Channel
- Manage video projects in Basecamp
- Conduct audience research
- Conduct competitive landscape research
For the Interim Deputy Director and Chief of Global Communications:
- Work with Interim Deputy Director to execute tactics for high-priority, confidential communications strategy related to Foundation activities and initiatives, crisis management, and archival projects.
- Support Foundation initiatives with coordination, in-depth analysis, research, and writing
- Monitor the Guggenheim Abu Dhabi inboxes.
- Submit and track invoices and expenses, order supplies, and coordinate DMs.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree and 6-8 years of administrative, communications and/or editorial experience.
- Experience in museums, art galleries, performing arts, cultural organizations, and in marketing or public relations firms preferred.
- Detail-oriented and capable of managing concurrent deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience in project management.
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office required. Knowledge of PC and MAC platforms, Adobe Photoshop and InDesign, HTML, Cision, Net Community, Raiser’s Edge or other databases helpful.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Capability and fluency with digital media (social networks, video channels).
- Foreign language skills a valuable asset.
- Ability to work independently and to manage both short and long-term projects.
- Genuine interest in and knowledge of modern and contemporary art, design and/or architecture.
The Guggenheim offers a competitive salary and excellent medical, dental, life, disability, and retirement plan coverage. Our staff also enjoys generous vacation, sick leave and personal days, access to a variety of cultural institutions, discounts to museum stores, and a stimulating and collegial work environment.
The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, visit: https://theapplicantmanager.com/jobs?pos=NY178