Helen Frankenthaler Foundation : Administrative Assistant and Office Manager
The Helen Frankenthaler Foundation, established and endowed by the artist during her lifetime (1928–2011), became active in 2013, on the closing of Frankenthaler’s estate. The Foundation is dedicated to promoting greater public interest in and understanding of the visual arts. It supports the artist’s legacy through a variety of initiatives, including exhibitions, loans of artworks, research and publications, conservation, grants, educational programs for the public and the scholarly community, and through the Helen Frankenthaler Catalogue Raisonné, LLC, the publishing of a catalogue raisonné. As the principal beneficiary of Frankenthaler’s estate, the Foundation’s holdings include an extensive collection of works by other artists, and original papers and materials pertaining to her life and work. For more information, visit: http://www.frankenthalerfoundation.org.
Works closely with the Executive Director and staff to sustain daily operations and assist with projects of the Foundation. Responsibilities include recordkeeping, bookkeeping, human resource administration, data management, care and upkeep of the physical facility, internal communications, coordination of meetings and events, and other administrative support as required, occasionally including collections management and programs assistance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Executive Support and Office Management:
• Front desk reception, greet guests and answer calls; oversee incoming and outgoing mail; monitor and direct general email inquiries
• Maintain shared Google calendars; office-wide scheduling; and internal communications
• Hospitality and meetings setup for internal and external groups
• Coordinate HR administration (personnel, retirement plans, healthcare plans, compliance testing) through payroll company
• Bookkeeping (QuickBooks); reconcile expenses, issue checks and wire transfers; interface with accountants
• Oversight of facilities, equipment maintenance and repairs
• Clerical duties: digital and paper file maintenance; order supplies
• Trouble-shoot and interface with vendors and contractors (IT, security company, HVAC, inspections, building co-op)
• Administrative support and preparations for Board of Directors meetings (documents, budgets, reports, presentations)
• Maintain and renew insurance coverages
• Initiate and monitor grants recordkeeping
• Monitor consignment and loan agreements
• Liaison with Helen Frankenthaler Catalogue Raisonné, LLC on HR, and financial relations with the Foundation
• Other assistance as required by Executive Director
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS REQUIRED
• Bachelor of Arts degree or equivalent at minimum
• At least 3 – 5 years of work experience in the arts
• Tech savvy with high level of proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Adobe Acrobat and Photoshop; Google docs; Email campaign management software; QuickBooks
• Excellent oral and written communication skills • Highly organized with meticulous, detail-oriented approach to all tasks
• Ability to create and maintain systems that facilitate office productivity
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to work collaboratively with staff at all levels
• Excellent judgment and discretion with confidential material
• Outstanding ability to problem solve, prioritize, and juggle multiple tasks while maintaining a calm and professional demeanor
• Willingness to “roll up one’s sleeves” and assist with any needed task in a small office environment
• Interest and enthusiasm for the mission of an artist-endowed foundation and the work of Helen Frankenthaler
Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume by March 18, 2019. No phone calls.