The Barnes Foundation : Venue Sales Event Manager
Description: The Barnes Foundation is seeking a Venue Sales Event Manager. As an integral member of the Business Development Office and the Events team, the Venue Sales Event Manager is responsible for event sales, managing client relationships and expectations and implementation of external events at the Barnes.
We’re committed to diversity and equal opportunity in our recruitment and hiring. Highly qualified candidates of all backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply for this position.
Established in 1922 as an educational institution, the Barnes Foundation carries out its mission by promoting appreciation of the arts and horticultural science, through the preservation, presentation, and interpretation of the collections of Albert C. and Laura L. Barnes.
Celebrated for its exceptional breadth, depth, and quality, the Barnes Foundation’s art collection includes works by some of the greatest European and American masters of impressionism, post-impressionist, and early modern art, as well as African sculpture, Pennsylvania German decorative arts, Native American textiles, metalwork, and more.
The Barnes Foundation engages diverse audiences through its exceptional collections and high-quality programs that reflect a broad range of periods and cultures and build on the founders’ innovative educational vision of transforming lives through the arts and horticulture.
· Manages external events from “inquiry to invoice” for external clients.
· Communicates with Development regarding Corporate Council and Circles members.
· Serves as the primary contact for all external event related vendors, ensuring that vendors adhere to Barnes operational policies and security concerns. Works collaboratively with the Sr. Manager of Event Operations on event details.
· Responsible for management with event hosts throughout and during the event planning experience, ensuring a successful experience.
· Coordinates communication among internal staff in all departments as appropriate, including attending regular event meetings across departments, producing and distributing event detail communication across departments, and participating in the oversight of the events calendar, alerting the Senior Director of Business Strategy to potential issues in order to facilitate successful resolution of competing interests.
· Assists the Senior Director of Business Strategy in marketing and promoting events at the Barnes Foundation to achieve revenue goals and maximize Barnes exposure to potential clients in the region and to the events community.
· Serves as primary liaison between external meeting planners and all Barnes departments including Security, Visitor Services, Audio Visual, Parking and Barnes Shop, managing internal staff to ensure appropriate level of service to meet event operational standards.
· Manages partner events with local, regional and/or national non-profit arts organizations as necessary.
· Exercises sound independent judgment and exemplary integrity in all internal and external interfaces with event clients and members. The Venue Sales Event Manager should have polished negotiation skills and provide consistent service to event hosts regardless of event budget.
· Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills, exuding a warm, professional, and outgoing personality when dealing with clients and the general public. Must demonstrate skill in dealing with a variety of client personalities and navigate delicate situations with diplomacy.
· Evaluates standards and practices to consistently improve event operations and guest/client satisfaction.
· Attends 4-6 networking events per month.
· Performs other duties as requested.
Skills and Knowledge:
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· 4 years minimum events/promotions experience
· Strong technical proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
· Proficient in Sales Force a plus
· Excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail, ability to work independently and balance competing priorities
· Excellent writing and editing skills
· Demonstrated ability to manage time effectively and independently, organizing multiple tasks and prioritizing.
· Ability to work in cooperation with the Foundation’s staff, balancing competing priorities with respect and professionalism.
· Regular evening and weekend work are required.
Competitive Benefits Include: Group health, dental and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; short- and long-term disability and group life insurance; 403(b) with matching contributions; Employee Assistance Program; voluntary benefits; as well as paid vacation, personal time, sick time and holidays.
Please include a cover letter and an updated resume with your application.
The Barnes Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we’re committed to diversity and equal opportunity in our recruitment and hiring.
Qualified candidates of all backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply for this position. Employees have rights under other laws
including, but not limited to, the Family and Medical Leave Act and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act. We participate in E-Verify.