Fondation Cartier pour l’art contemporain: Administration and Financial Management Officer
Established in Paris in 1994, the Cartier Foundation for Contemporary Art aims to promote contemporary creation and disseminate knowledge of it, in a unique setting where exhibitions and encounters come to life. Each year, the Fondation Cartier programs thematic or personal exhibitions and commissions artists, thus enriching an important Collection. It also organizes the Nomadic Evenings, a meeting place for the performing arts where artists create links between the visual arts and other forms of expression of contemporary creation. By regularly exporting itself to foreign institutions, the exhibitions and the Collection give the Fondation Cartier its international dimension.
The Cartier Foundation is supported by SNC Cartier et Cie, which belongs to the Richemont Group.
Reporting to the Administrative and Financial Director, your main missions are as follows:
– Setting up and administrative and budgetary management of exhibition projects (Paris and abroad) in connection with operational services;
– Follow-up of budgets and arbitrations related to programming (Nomadic Evenings, Editions) and communication;
– Drafting and negotiation of contracts related to programming and work acquisitions;
– Financial management of publishing (catalogues and fine books) during the design and distribution of titles, stock management and inventories;
– Consolidation of the overall budget and quarterly corrections for the group;
– Responsible for financial reporting, supporting teams in the implementation of tools and compliance with group procedures;
– Participation in other projects and missions of the administrative and financial management related to the development of the Cartier Foundation.
Full-time permanent contract, at the headquarters of the Cartier Foundation for Contemporary Art
Holder of a Bac+5 degree in Management (IEP, Business School or University).
You have a solid knowledge of financial management and a legal background, particularly in contract law and intellectual property.
You are proficient in the Office suite (including an excellent command of Excel), as well as English, both spoken and written. Desired third foreign language.
Rigorous, you know how to be a force of proposal, and like teamwork.
You have a sensitivity for contemporary creation and/or performing arts.
Description of the experience sought
You have at least three years’ experience in a budgetary and administrative management position in a cultural institution.
Date of commencement of employment
Early September 2019
September 1, 2019
Mailing address of the recruiter
Headquarters of the Fondation Cartier pour l’Art contemporain, 261 boulevard Raspail, 75 014 Paris.
Please email your application in French no later than September 1, 2019, to the attention of Caroline Valentin, Administrative and Financial Director, firstname.lastname@example.org