Fondation François Schneider: Production and Mediation Assistant Internship
You have a background in art history, mediation, museology or equivalent (level Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree 1). You are passionate about contemporary art and culture in different ways shapes. You are open and versatile, come and do an internship in an exceptional Foundation within an exceptional architecture and a dynamic and multifunctional team.
Assistance with the production of the booklet of the Contemporary Talents Contest 9th edition
– Contemporary Talents 8th edition: assistance in the design and writing of an 80 pages presenting the 40 finalists of the 8th edition of the competition.
In collaboration with the director and the graphic designer.
Assistance in the implementation and production of the exhibition “Les territoires de l’eau” in collaboration with the Musée du
Quai Branly | Exhibition May 15, 2020 – October 2020
– Inventory of works selected in collaboration with the director.
– Compilation of information for communication elements (work instructions, cartels, signage) in conjunction with the director.
– Assistance in setting up the exhibition (management, condition report).
– Assistance in welcoming artists – hospitality.
– Assist the production manager in the coordination of related cultural programs (workshop with artists or conferences).
Reception and mediation with the public
As part of the exhibition Les territoires de l’eau: welcoming visitors, explaining the project concept, accompany visitors in their discovery of the exhibition.
Mediation / guided tour with various audiences
– Mediation with schoolchildren, group guided tour, family workshop visit.
– Assist the public manager during workshop visits with schoolchildren, support a small group of 12 students for a guided tour or a small workshop
Assist the Public Officer in the implementation of various projects
– Follow-up of artist residencies, drafting of contracts.
– Search for new contacts, enrichment of the school database, nurseries, school teachers, etc.
– Search for new partners, media libraries, local libraries (registration on the territory).
Assistance in the production of the pedagogical file for the autumn exhibition
– Assist the audience manager in the design of the pedagogical file in connection with exhibition, workshop design.
– Assist the director and the audience manager in setting up a program annex around the exhibition, workshops, concerts, performance etc.
Assistance in the production of children’s game booklets for exhibitions
– Design of a small discovery and didactic booklet for each exhibition, containing puzzles, art history quizzes, games etc.
Presentation of the exhibition:
The territories of water | Exhibition May 15, 2020 – October 2020
Social space, object of beliefs and rituals, geographical territory, technical tool, water is everything time at the heart of people’s lives, both in their daily lives and in their imaginations. The water territories propose to put in resonance works and objects from the Museum’s collections of the Quai Branly with a contemporary art fund set up in 2011 on the issue of water, via the Contemporary Talents competition organised by the François Schneider Foundation, which will celebrate its 20th anniversary in
Plan a few days of work a little longer for events during the summer.
You may be called upon to help other team members from time to time, allowing you to understand the operation of an art centre in its artistic, administrative and technical aspects.
Duration: 35h/ week
Remuneration in effect.
To apply, and for any questions, please contact Lucie Strohm, Production and Audience Manager:
Telephone: +33 220.127.116.11.10.10.
Please complete application in French before February 3, 2020.