Fondation d’entreprise Martell: General Manager
The Martell Foundation is a cultural and multidisciplinary institution located in Cognac in Charente. Under the impetus of its director Nathalie Viot, a protean program dedicated to the discovery and experimentation of culture and know-how has been developed since 2016, while promoting local, national and international dialogues and collaborations.
Located in the former bottling plant of the Maison Martell, a historic building in the modernist style that dominates Cognac, the Foundation is intended to house exhibition spaces, manufacturing workshops, a research laboratory, a resource centre, a digital room, a panoramic terrace… The transversal spaces (stairs, passages, elevators) will also be part of the cultural project. The programming, which is very much focused on the production of visual and dynamic content, will focus on contemporary art, design, architecture, crafts, craftsmanship, literature, music and performing arts. The dimensions of immersion and experimentation for the public and professionals are particularly emphasized. It is a true creative ecosystem that will aim to make this building a pioneering cultural and tourist destination.
Pre-inaugurated in October 2016, the Martell Corporate Foundation has been benefiting from ambitious interior design work since 2017. The ground floor and roof terrace opened in spring 2018. The opening of the floors will be gradually phased in as the work progresses. All of the 3,200 m² of the Martell Corporate Foundation will be accessible in 2020/2021.
Under the authority of the Director of the Martell Corporate Foundation, you are responsible for the management of exhibitions and in particular for the technical needs of cultural programming events:
– Before the events are set up, you ensure a technical diagnosis of the projects in collaboration with the creators: characteristics, technical and scenographic needs, preparation of the set up and dismantling
– You coordinate the assembly and installation of works and manage the commissioning and transport of works, devices and materials
– You ensure the conditions of conservation and security of the works and manage the insurance
– You manage the schedules, entrances, authorisations and authorisations of external parties and organise delivery flows and work movements; you draw up prevention plans and are therefore the contact person for the security teams,
– You manage the budgets and actions of maintenance, operation, maintenance related to projects and spaces
– You ensure the follow-up of the renovation and the proper execution of the artistic program in collaboration with the Director
– You ensure the realization of technical investments
– You are the contact person for questions about the interface with the road network (requests for authorization, etc.)
Several types of contract possible (fixed-term contract, freelance…)
Description of the profile required
– Proven experience in the management of works and the organization of exhibitions
– Competence in technical support for multidisciplinary artistic projects
– Experience in establishments open to the public with strong safety constraints, in particular fire and / or in buildings undergoing refurbishment, demanding in terms of supervision of technical equipment (ventilation, sanitary, heating and electricity). CAD/CAM knowledge required. Fluent in English.
Date of commencement of employment
October 1, 2019
According to profile
To find out more information and apply, visit: https://www.fondationdentreprisemartell.com/nous-rejoindre/
*Please note, website is in French