Fondation Giacometti: Copyright and Legal Affairs Intern
The Giacometti Foundation, Paris, is a private institution recognized as a public utility, created in December 2003.
Its statutory aims are the protection, dissemination and influence of Alberto Giacometti’s work. It is a universal legatee of Annette Giacometti and as such, holds 62.5% of the copyright on the artist’s work and owns the largest collection in the world of Alberto Giacometti’s works.
Its main activities are to organize exhibitions, authenticate the artist’s works, publish books, promote research in the history of modern art, and manage copyright and other intellectual property rights.
The Giacometti Foundation is looking for a full-time or almost full-time intern (30 to 35 hours per week), available immediately, who will complete their internship with Emilie Le Mappian, Head of Legal Affairs.
Interested in graphic and plastic arts law and intellectual property, the trainee will mainly work:
– the processing of requests for license to reproduce works and other intangible property related to Alberto and Annette Giacometti;
– to the exploitation of the photo library;
– legal research according to the current topics of the Foundation.
He/she may also be involved, depending on the interests, in the Foundation’s other legal activities: contract monitoring, litigation and pre-litigation…
Duration: 6 months
Description of the profile required
– 1/2 Master’s degree in law with a course in literary and artistic property or art market law;
– Good organization for file management;
– Rigorous spelling and syntax;
– English required and third language appreciated;
– Dynamism and curiosity.
IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE ON A FULL-TIME OR NEAR-FULL BASIS
Date of commencement of employment: End of August – beginning of September 2019
Proposed compensation: Monthly bonus according to the legal hourly rate of €3.75, meal vouchers and a transport allowance.
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter completed in French to Emilie Le Mappian, Head of Legal Affairs, email@example.com