Museo Chillida Leku : Museum Assistant to Director and Executive Team
Chillida Leku is located on the outskirts of Hernani near San Sebastián and comprises a sculpture park and an exhibition space inside the converted caserío Zabalaga, a traditional Basque country house dating from the sixteenth century.
Founded by Eduardo Chillida during his lifetime, it is home to the most comprehensive body of works by the artist. Since first opening in 2000, this museum dedicated to Eduardo Chillida has upheld its mission to promote and conserve his work.
Job profile: Museum Assistant to Director and Executive Team
Based in Chillida Leku, this position requires great attention to detail, organization, diplomacy and an in-depth understanding of the cultural and art world. The Museum Assistant is expected to plan, communicate and act independently and collaboratively, as projects require.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Staffing the front desk
• Manage gallery switchboard: taking messages/voicemail updates/ night service Handling all outgoing mail, including messenger deliveries
• Responsibility for mailings such as temporal exhibition invitation cards, catalogues, books and other
• Responsibility for managing new address entries and updates on database.
• Making sure office area is always neat and in order.
• Ordering and storage of office equipment, stationary and general office supplies as well as kitchen supplies
• Keeping up to date and organising the filing system
• Assist with travel arrangements of staff and visitors
• Routine purchases from suppliers
• Providing administration support to Director
• Ad hoc duties in supporting other managers
• Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
• Collaboration with Event Management
• Excellent communication and problem solving skills
• Exceptional organisational, multitasking and prioritising skills
• Ability to work collaboratively and follow instructions
• Ability and confidence to take initiative
• Knowledge of and passion for modern and contemporary art
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Be fluent in English, Spanish and Euskera; other languages are a plus.
• Computer proficiency (particularly with Mac OS X, Microsoft Office Suite, and Google Apps for Business) and willingness to learn new programs as necessary
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter, including references.