Fondation Le Corbusier : Cultural Mediation and Communication Internship
Start date: Early September 2019
The Le Corbusier Foundation, created in 1968 in accordance with the architect’s wishes, is located in the Maisons La Roche et Jeanneret, square du Docteur Blanche in Paris. A universal legatee of Le Corbusier, she also owns the apartment and workshop of Le Corbusier, located on rue Nungesser et Coli in Paris and the “Petite Maison” on the shores of Lake Geneva. Recognized as a public utility, the Foundation aims to preserve and disseminate Le Corbusier’s work.
The Le Corbusier Foundation is looking for a cultural mediation and communication officer for a period of 6 months. Under the authority of the Head of Public Affairs and the Head of Communication, in a dynamic of collective work, s/he will participate in the elaboration, implementation and development of mediation and communication actions.
Main missions :
Design and implementation of mediation actions:
– Support for guided tours for individuals and school groups
– Conduct educational workshops for leisure centres
– Create educational activities for young audiences
– Contribute to welcoming and accompanying visitors: practical information, explanation of the visit
Implementation of communication tools:
– Participate in updating the contact database and the new website (content entry)
– Animation of social networks (Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest)
– Management of precise and targeted communication actions (e-mailing campaigns)
– Monitoring of ongoing partnerships and identification of new collaborations
– Awareness-raising and outreach work with educational and social actors
Description of the profile required
We are looking for profiles with a Master’s degree in the field of heritage, museology, art history or business management.
The person must have a good knowledge of the issues involved in mediation and public relations, a taste for project development and an appetite for architecture and heritage.
– Organization and coordination skills
– Analytical mind
– Oral and interpersonal skills
– Strong writing skills
– A sense of field work
– Good knowledge of arts and cultural education networks
– A taste for teamwork
– Good adaptability
– Initiative, inventiveness, autonomy and dynamism
– Fluent oral English essential
Date of commencement of employment
Early September 2019
Legal compensation (554.40 euros for a full-time position)
Paris 16th arrondissement
Additional information / information
Ideally full-time or at least 3 days a week: Tuesday, Friday and Saturday
Internship of 3 months minimum, ideally 6 months (internship agreement required)
To apply, please submit CV and cover letter in French.