Fondation Le Corbusier : Reception and Mediation Officer
The Le Corbusier Foundation, created in 1968 in accordance with the architect’s wishes, is located in the Maisons La Roche et Jeanneret, square du Docteur Blanche in Paris. A universal legatee of Le Corbusier, the Foundation also owns the apartment and workshop of Le Corbusier, located on rue Nungesser et Coli in Paris and the “Petite Maison” on the shores of Lake Geneva. Recognized as a public utility, the Foundation aims to preserve and disseminate Le Corbusier’s work.
As part of a replacement, the Le Corbusier Foundation is looking for a reception and mediation agent for a period of 1 month.
Under the authority of the public manager and the management, in a dynamic of collective work, s/he has the following tasks:
– Welcome and inform the public in an international dimension (individuals and groups)
– Take reservations by phone and email – computerized planning
– Update the public contact file
– Promote the cultural offer to visitors
– Manage visitor flow
– Apply the safety instructions
– Process and control incoming payments
– Check and close the cash register
– Inform and sell the products offered
– Manage stocks
– Provide guided tours for individuals
Position to be filled on fixed-term contracts from 23 April to 31 May 2019, 22 hours a week, on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday.
Description of the profile required
Level of training: Bac + 2 minimum cultural sector (mediation, HDA, heritage,…)
– Smiling and nice
– Ability to adapt to the diversity of an international audience (individuals, groups, schools)
– Diplomatic, versatile, punctual
– A taste for teamwork
– Oral and interpersonal skills
– Meaning of the field work
– Initiative, autonomy and dynamism
– Fluent oral English essential
– Mastery of the Excel tool
– Good presentation
– Knowledge of mediation and public relations issues
A first experience in the field of cultural reception is desirable.
Date of commencement of employment
April 23, 2019
Hourly rate 12 € Restaurant tickets and Navigo Pass
Paris 16th arrondissement
To apply, please submit a CV and cover letter in French.