The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation : Youth Educator (part-time)
The Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum is seeking museum educators to join our dynamic team of Youth Educators who lead tours and workshops for pre k – grade 12 students and for families in our museum galleries and our studio. Educators will develop a solid understanding of Guggenheim’s core collection and temporary exhibitions, while applying our pedagogical approach to inquiry teaching in order to provide our visitors with memorable and fun experiences. In addition to teaching and assisting with programs on- and off-site, duties include regularly attending monthly paid professional development days. This is an on-call assignment, for which the Educator is paid per tour. There are no benefits associated with this role.
Founded in 1937, the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is dedicated to promoting the understanding and appreciation of art, architecture, and other manifestations of visual culture, primarily of the modern and contemporary periods. The Guggenheim realizes this mission through exceptional exhibitions, education programs, research initiatives, and publications. The Guggenheim strives to engage and educate an increasingly diverse international audience through its unique network of museums and partnerships. With nearly three million annual visitors worldwide, the Guggenheim and its network is one of the most visited cultural institutions in the world.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s preferred
- Previous experience teaching in a museum setting and/or classroom
- Experience with, or desire to work with, K-12 audiences with special needs
- Deep interest in and passion for the arts
- Flexible, team player with excellent speaking and interpersonal skills
- Ability to self-reflect and fine tune practice
- Knowledge of how children learn and willingness to work with a wide range of ages
- Experience with or desire to work with an intergenerational audience
- Fluency in either Spanish, German, Italian, French or Mandarin preferable
- Flexible schedule (including occasional weekend work and evenings)
The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, visit: https://theapplicantmanager.com/jobs?pos=NY184