Fondation Thalie : Cultural Mediation and Communications Internship
Created in 2014, the Thalie Foundation aims to support, promote and disseminate contemporary creation committed to societal themes with the aim of transmitting, exchanging culture and sharing knowledge. In April 2018, the Foundation opened a space in Brussels where visual artists, designers and authors can compare their practices in a collaborative and transversal way through a programme that combines visual arts, performance and contemporary thought. The Foundation welcomes artists, authors or curators in residence and produces two annual exhibitions.
As part of the exhibition At the same time, she felt the matter of the sky, bringing together the work of artists Karine Rougier and Alessandro Roma, and our public programming, under the tutorship of the project manager and in collaboration with the director of the Foundation, the trainee will be supervised and accompanied on the following missions:
– Reception of individual visitors and groups
– Direct and inform visitors in and/or to exhibition spaces
– Present orally the content of the exhibition and programming
– Raise public awareness of the Foundation’s message and relay key points – Involvement in the structure’s internal and external communication (e.g. by running social networks)
– Maintenance and updating of the database
Duration of 3 months, part-time or full-time.
Description of the profile required
– Be a student (internship agreement) and have a good knowledge of contemporary art, theory and practice
– Be motivated
– Taste for public relations
– Oral fluency, easy contact and ability to talk about an artistic project to an uninitiated audience
– Demonstrate autonomy, organization and team spirit
– Be flexible and available – Fluent in French and English – Excellent writing skills – Good knowledge of the following software: Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office, Filemaker pro, WordPress – Holding a B license is an asset
Description of the experience sought
Minimum bachelor/Licence, studies in progress in cultural fields. A similar experience is desirable.
Date of commencement of employment
April 15, 2019
March 29, 2019
To apply, please submit a CV and cover letter in French by March 29, 2019