Fondation d’entreprise Hermès : Visual Arts and Crafts Assistant Work/Study
Type of position: Work/StudyCountry: France
Craft: Sustainable Development & Corporate Social Responsibility
Experience: 0-3 years
The Hermès Corporate Foundation supports those who learn, master, transmit and explore creative gestures to build today’s world and invent tomorrow’s.
It is developing nine major programmes that combine know-how, creation and transmission. New Settings and Artists in the Cité pour les arts de la scène, Exhibitions and Artist Residencies for the visual arts, Immersion for photography, Manufacto, the fabrique des savoir-faire and the Académie des savoir-faire for the discovery and deepening of craft trades. Through H3, it also supports organizations on all five continents that act in this same way. Finally, its commitment to the planet is supported by its Biodiversity programme. Founded in 2008, the Hermès Corporate Foundation is headed by Catherine Tsekenis, under the presidency of Olivier Fournier, who succeeded Pierre-Alexis Dumas in 2016.
All the actions of the Hermès Corporate Foundation, in their diversity, are dictated by a single conviction: our actions create us.
12-month rotation to be filled in September 2019.
The alternate will assist the project manager and the project manager in their management missions for the Hermès Collection of Contemporary Photographs, the Immersion program, partnerships and exhibitions in the field of photography.
The alternating, under the responsibility of the project manager, and reporting to the project manager, will assist them on a daily basis on operational missions in several areas:
– Assistance in the management of the Hermès Collection of contemporary photographs:
– administrative follow-up of acquisitions (purchase orders, invoicing, etc.)
– conservation missions: monitoring of purchases and supervision
– management of the circulation of works
– logistics (in collaboration with the stockist in charge of the reserve)
– documentation missions: management of the works database (collection of documentation items, creation of fact sheets, editing of documents and labels, updates)
– valuation missions: publication and distribution of catalogues, presentation documents and cartels, coordination of the writing of artists’ biographies….
– Follow-up of projects around photography: follow-up of partnerships (follow-up of agreements and payments, management of counterparts), occasional organization of events.
– Organization of internal photography exhibitions within the premises of the Hermès company and on the production sites (7 exhibitions per year):
– follow-up of the exhibition production, coordination of assembly, documentation and signage.
– General assistance:
– organisation of travel for the project manager and the project manager
– reception of calls, administrative procedures, contacts with other services.
– Master 2 level, business school, university profile or equivalent, a specialisation in the fields of cultural project management, art history or the art market is a plus.
– Presenting a fairly multidisciplinary profile, you have a strong interest in the management of works of art and production in the cultural field, and can prove at least a successful professional experience in this field.
– Qualities required: rigour, reactivity, dynamism, enthusiasm, mastery of English.
*Please note, website is in French