Museum Voorlinden : Museum Shop Manager
The store is part of the entrance area of museum Voorlinden. Our store is an important part of the museum experience. In addition to the fact that our visitors would like to purchase a reminder of our exhibitions, we offer a broader, varying assortment of high-quality products with which we surprise our audience. The manager of the Museum Shop is responsible for the operation of the Museum Shop as a cooperating foreman. The museum store team consists of an operational manager, a buyer / visual merchandiser and a pool of store employees.
What are you going to do?
• Responsible for sales, sees challenges in cost control and upselling
• Organizes inventory management and finances, maintains contacts with suppliers
• Accountability to management through quarterly reports
• Responsible for budgeting
• Managing, training, enthusiasm and scheduling the store employees
Who are you?
• You have a commercial, entrepreneurial and creative attitude
• You are customer and service oriented
• You have a representative and enthusiastic image
• You are precise and reliable
• You are enthusiastic and flexible
• You are independent and have a strong sense of responsibility
What are we looking for?
• Minimum bachelor level
• A financial or commercial background or education is an advantage
• Minimum three years of experience as a manager
• Demonstrable experience in retail
• Experience with financial transactions and handling cash registers
• Excellent command of Dutch and English and preferably oral command of a second (modern) language
• Prepared to work at least one weekend day per week
• Love for modern and contemporary art
• Preferably living in the area of Wassenaar / The Hague / Leiden
What do we offer?
• A fascinating workplace in an attractive environment with a small and enthusiastic team
• Market conditions of employment (depending on age, education and experience)
If you meet the profile, please send your resume and motivation in Dutch by July 5, 2019.