Gasworks : Artist Residency for Artists Based in the Philippines
This opportunity will enable an early or mid-career artist based the Philippines to undertake a fully-funded residency at Gasworks in London from 6 January to 23 March 2020. Gasworks’ residencies are opportunities for self-led professional development, artistic exchange and experimentation. This residency is supported by Mercedes Zobel in association with Outset.
The Residency Comprises:
– 24-hour access to a fully accessible studio at Gasworks, alongside other visiting artists and Gasworks’ permanent studio holders.
– Single room accommodation within Gasworks Residencies House (a three-story house, the communal spaces of which will be shared with 3 other resident artists).
– Basic living expenses in London (£150 p/week).
– Economy return flights from the artist’s home city to London.
– Travel card (zones 1+2) for unlimited travel within central London for the duration of the residency.
– An artist’s talk and Open Studio, or similar public presentations, at Gasworks.
– Administrative, pastoral and curatorial support from Gasworks (during office hours).
For more information about the residency and how to apply, please download the information in the Resources section below.
We accept digital applications only. Please use the online application form at the bottom of the relevant opportunity page on Gasworks’ website, here.
Your application should include the following in ONE PDF file only:
1. An artist’s statement describing your practice and areas of interest (up to 250 words)
2. A minimum of 10 images of recent work, with captions and a short description if necessary.
3. A CV/Resume
4. A simple statement outlining your plans, if you were to be offered the residency, which could include a short description of a research project specific to the context of London or your residency at Gasworks (up to 250 words). This proposal does not have to be definitive and can change during the course of the residency.
5. Any relevant documentation (e.g. articles or papers about work, exhibitions, publications, etc)
6. A cover sheet with name, contact address, e-mail and telephone numbers if available, plus confirmation that you will be available from 6 January – 23 March 2020, if selected.
Applications that do not follow this format will not be considered.
Please note that there is a 10MB limit on pdf submissions. If your file is not in pdf format or is over 10MB you will not be able to submit it.
Application Deadline: Tuesday 27 August 2019