The J. Paul Getty Trust : Technical Support Specialist
Under general supervision, provides technical support to end-users for Macintosh computer hardware, software, peripherals, mobile devices and network related problems via phone, deskside, and remotely using ticket management software.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Acts as the first line of response to and delivery of requests for various hardware, software, peripheral, and networking technical assistance; escalates more complex problems as necessary for resolution
- Diagnoses and resolves basic and more complex problems; responds to escalated problems from clients; performs triage, provides remote problem resolution when possible, dispatches problems to associated groups throughout the organization, and dispatches out to clients for hardware issues not resolved remotely
- Technically able to resolve 70% of PC and Macintosh hardware or software support issues with minimal direction
- Configures and troubleshoots computing systems in a diverse environment
- Researches, recommends, and implements hardware and software purchases and configurations to meet customer needs and to help ensure compatibility with systems and architecture
- Works on technical projects requiring expertise and creativity in analysis and deployment of technology
- Establishes, communicates, and implements standards used throughout the organization and contribute to the development of the support strategy
- Investigates and tests new tools, systems, techniques, and software products
- Provides technical guidance and advanced training; may supervise lower level staff
- Associate college degree or equivalent in computer science preferred, or a combination of education and relevant experience
- 2-5 years of related experience with PC or Macintosh hardware or software support
- Certification preferred in any of the following: Windows, Dell, Apple, Microsoft or Novell
- Experience installing and configuring desktop computer systems in a networked computing environment, and in applying diagnostic techniques for problem troubleshooting
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to lift/move equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Possesses thorough knowledge of Macintosh operating system and hardware.
- Good technical writing skills preferred.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to apply diagnostic techniques for problem troubleshooting
- Ability to follow instructions and documented procedures, as well as ability to provide feedback and compose and/or revise documented procedures