The J. Paul Getty Trust : Staff Assistant
The J. Paul Getty Museum seeks a highly organized, responsible and flexible individual to provide administrative support to the Department of Photographs at the Getty Center. The Staff Assistant is responsible for providing a variety of clerical and administrative support to the Department of Photographs. Work may involve diverse duties that require research, analytical skills, and the ability to draft and revise a wide range of documents. Coordinates activities among departments and outside parties, and contacts personnel at all organizational levels to gather information. Work may be of a critical or confidential nature. Assignments may span various functional areas and may require specialized skills.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Reads and prioritizes incoming mail and email. Handles or routes as appropriate.
- Sets up and maintains hard copy and/or electronic files and records.
- Composes a variety of correspondence from verbal directions or from knowledge of department/program policy or procedures.
- Types and proofs correspondence, memoranda, reports, proposals, presentations, other documents and related materials for department staff.
- Greets visitors, answers phones, takes messages, screens calls and/or provides routine information in accordance with department/program policies and procedures.
- Maintains calendar(s), schedules and confirms meetings and events, most notably related to researcher and class appointment in the Study Room, and arranges for travel, facilities, equipment, parking, catering and other related details.
- Makes travel arrangements for department staff.
- Assists department staff in the collection of various materials and data for special reports and special projects, including but not limited to budget preparation.
- Provides assistance in the day-to-day administration of the department.
- Oversees equipment and office supply inventories, initiates service requests and supply orders.
- Manages mailing database and data entry into Raiser’s Edge.
- May undertake editorial and/or research projects.
- High school diploma/GED
- Minimum 2-3 years related experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software (Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and email applications (Microsoft Office Outlook)
- Demonstrated ability to follow through and complete assigned tasks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service/interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Reading or conversation skills in one or more foreign languages preferred
To apply, visit: https://jobs-getty.icims.com/jobs/3332/staff-assistant/job