The J. Paul Getty Trust : Imaging Technician
Photographs selections from the Getty Research Institute’s rare book collections using digital equipment to support the GRI’s book digitization efforts. Designs and arranges layout of materials, lighting, and camera equipment to produce high-quality images. Performs physical assessments prior to the photography of materials in a fragile or degenerating condition (experience handling rare books helpful). Images foldouts, loose plates, maps, engravings, and other associated material. Ensures quality of internal and external lab work. Performs digital imaging tasks in support of departmental workflows and job completion including: color correction, file preparation, fulfillment, and creation of digital media. Position requires great attention to detail, comfort performing repetitive tasks and the ability to keep accurate technical and workflow documentation.
Major Job Responsibilities
* Applies basic knowledge of digital photography to produce direct-capture digital photos
* Prepares areas to be photographed and configures computer resources
*Organizes digital files, file naming, and tracking
* Performs general digital imaging tasks including: capture, color correction, file preparation, and staging for ingest into digital repositories
* Transfer files to staging servers and may assist with server-based workflows.
- Bachelor’s degree in photography and/or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years experience in digital photography services
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Imaging certification preferred * Experience handling rare books, and archival collections * Prior experience in a museum or library *Experience with PhaseOne camera systems and CaptureOne software * Ability to work in both Mac and Windows environments.
To apply, visit: https://jobs-getty.icims.com/jobs/3207/imaging-technician/job