The J. Paul Getty Trust : Executive Assistant
Responsible for implementing programs and administering operations for the Vice President for Development.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Provides high level administrative support to VP, Development, including scheduling meetings, managing daily calendar, and other administrative responsibilities.
- Arranges VP travel as needed — local, national and international. Exercises considerable discretion and judgment as to schedule priorities and effective use of the VP’s time.
- Prepares VP for meetings including collecting and presenting information for use in discussions/meetings of executive staff, such as board meetings, council meetings, visiting dignitaries, trustees and donors
- Prepares written communications on behalf of the VP.
- Coordinates planning and logistics for major meetings and events, including donor activities as well as internal activities such as meetings, VIP visits, and other.
- Manages and accesses sensitive information, including email and other electronic information. Must exercise high level of discretion and sound judgment.
- Coordinates a wide variety of projects, and follows through with colleagues throughout the Trust and outside the organization
- Assists in development, preparation and delivery of reports, publications, presentations, and official correspondence as assigned
- Manages special projects on behalf of supervisor or program, monitors progress, and apprises appropriate individuals of progress toward established goals
- Processes reimbursements, initiates requisitions, manages aspects of the department budget. Other responsibilities may include authorizing acquisitions, ensuring department’s conformity to Getty policies and procedures (with respect to spending and other regulated activity). Maintains currency on revisions to policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED; Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 7 years related experience, including demonstrated experience providing executive level support.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal with high-level of attention to details.
- High level of tact, discretion, diplomacy and exemplary judgement.
- Self-starter with initiative. Ability to maintain calm, positive demeanor in a frequently high-paced work environment
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications
- Demonstrated success in planning, organizing and completing projects
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization as well as external contacts
- Ability to prioritize work and seek collaboration or delegate when appropriate
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions
To apply, visit: https://jobs-getty.icims.com/jobs/3318/executive-assistant/job