The J. Paul Getty Trust : Associate Director of Annual Giving
The J. Paul Getty Trust (Getty) seeks a highly-skilled, experienced, and results-oriented development professional to serve as Development’s Associate Director of Annual Giving (ADAG).
Under the direction of the V.P. for Development and the Senior Director of Operations, the successful candidate will be a proactive, data-driven individual responsible for building the growing the Getty Patron Program, an annual giving program comprised of engaged individuals who wish to support the Getty’s commitment to exhibitions, research, and innovative and exciting programs that make a difference in the art world, and other annual giving.
Specifically, the ADAG will be responsible for creating and implementing a comprehensive, year-round fundraising plan for the Getty’s Patron Program. This fundraising plan will include goals, strategies, and programming that aim to build and engage the Getty’s donor base. The ADAG will be expected to identify and encourage innovative and creative approaches for upgrading Patrons and increasing overall annual fund support, as well as planning benefits and activities that engage our donors.
The ADAG will serve as a key member of the Development team, supporting and furthering the priorities of the J. Paul Getty Museum, Getty Research Institute, and Getty Conservation Institute.
Major Job Responsibilities
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Facilitates the creation of an annual strategic development plan to sustain and grow the annual fundraising programs at the Getty. Ensures that annual giving goals are achieved.
- Work closely with current and prospective Patrons/annual fund donors.
- Creates opportunities to connect with and engage Getty Patrons with each other and the Getty.
- Ensures proper stewardship of current Patrons (through regular and personal communications, program and event invitations, etc).
- Oversees messaging and communications related to Patron/annual giving, including the Annual Giving website, acknowledgements, solicitation letters and brochures.
- Launch the Getty Patron’s Travel Program.
- Develop a Getty Patron Program newsletter.
- Prepares talking points, financial reports and progress updates on annual fundraising programs as required.
- Supervises the Patron Program Coordinator/Concierge.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 3-5 years of successful annual giving/membership management and/or marketing experience in a member-based organization
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven experience in managing a direct appeal, revenue generating program.
- Ability to plan and execute annual giving strategy;
- Strong ability to multi-task, prioritize and work well under pressure to meet multiple competing deadlines;
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills who can work collaboratively across the department and institution;
- Availability to work nights and weekends as needed for events or deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills. High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel; Experience with Raiser’s Edge database strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong sense of fundraising ethics and respect for confidentiality of donor information.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload in a timely manner to complete assignments when faced with many deadlines and competing requirements.
- Strong work ethic, empathetic disposition and perseverance; an optimistic and positive attitude.