Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum: Museum Store Sales Associate (Part-time)
Gift at the Gardner, a unique destination spot within the visual splendor of the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, inspires the senses with products that reflect the Museum’s mission, its historical collection, our relationship with contemporary artists, music and landscape.
The Sales Associate will partner with the Store Manager and colleagues to provide service and information to Gift at the Gardner visitors and customers. The Sales Associate will be knowledgeable about the products presented, fluent in the services that the Museum has to offer, and will promote the Museum’s mission, exhibitions, programs and special events. As a representative of the Museum, the Sales Associate will maintain the highest level of courtesy and service to the visiting public.
- Create a welcoming and delightful experience for customers by providing excellent customer service
- Prepare store for daily opening and closing in a safe and efficient manner; count cash drawers, ensure POS equipment is properly working, replenish back stock of product and all other store supplies
- Assist with in-person and phone special orders, handle gift wrapping and accurately provide process and policy information
- Maintain merchandise displays and store appearance, ensuring the selling floor is fully stocked and visually inspiring
- Remain knowledgeable about store sales goals and actively participate in achieving those goals
Demeanor and Interpersonal Relationships
- Ability to effectively engage the diverse customers and visitors in order to understand their needs
- A demeanor that projects enjoyment in interacting with people of all ages
- Courteously responding to requests, inquiries and purchase transactions
- Exhibiting an interest in all store merchandise
- Ability to remain calm and patient during busy museum and store sales hours
Teamwork and Collaboration
- Assist the Retail Sales Manager in administrative activities related to store operations and setting up for special events and special sales
- Attend daily Flash Meetings at 10:30 am in Museum Lobby to learn more about the daily schedule for tour groups, introductory talks, special events, etc.
- Demonstrate knowledge about store products, daily activities throughout the Museum, memberships, artist and production information to customers
- Supports Retail Sales Manager to address multiple responsibilities with an ability to think on feet to ensure smooth overall store operations on the days they are scheduled to work
This is a part-time, 3 days, 15 hours per week role. Availability on Thursday nights and weekends is required. Must be available to work during the winter holiday season.
- Outstanding customer service background
- Prior professional retail sales experience; prior luxury goods experience a plus
- Ability to work well in a team environment; exceptional interpersonal skills
- Proactive; able to multitask and prioritize
- Reliable and prompt
- Comfortable and competent working with numbers/figures
- Familiarity with POS systems
- Ability to safely lift up to 40 pounds; ability to climb ladders
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
To apply, visit: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/193824