Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum: Marketing and Communications Assistant
Reports to: Director, Marketing and Communications
Type of Position: Hourly/non-exempt, benefits eligible
Schedule: Full-time, on-site
Salary Range: $40K-$47K annually
Isabella Stewart Gardner believed that art had the power to change lives and she built a beautiful, personal, and immersive Museum setting to do so. Today the Gardner is a living embodiment of her bold vision; a dynamic place where ideas and creativity in all its forms inspire visitors. Through exhibitions, music, programs, and performances we strive to tell new stories and challenge assumptions through diverse voices and community members.
ISGM Core Values are:
- Creativity is our Legacy
- Community is our Purpose
- The Collection is our Catalyst
- Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion are our Commitments
Department and Position Overview:
The Marketing and Communications Assistant helps the Marketing and Communications department run effectively and support the department’s projects and needs. Areas of focus include administrative functions as well as public relations (traditional and social media) and audience research. Archival work is a large responsibility and requires attention to detail, organization, and efficiency. Data entry and maintenance is required, so a willingness and ability to work with Excel and other databases as needed is a must. The ability to work independently and with solid organizational skills is key.
- Provide general administrative support for Marketing and Communications department initiatives and strategies and other duties as assigned, including, but not limited to, managing invoices, supplies, filing and archiving Museum collateral for the department.
- Perform administrative public relations functions including, but not limited to, media monitoring and reporting, distribution of media alerts and press releases, maintaining and organizing a clippings archive, etc.
- Proofread and fact check press releases, print, and web materials.
- Compile informed reports and key performance metrics for data across marketing channels.
- Represent the Marketing team in internal meetings to document discussions for review with the Marketing department.
- Help to maintain social media presence; draft and schedule daily “business as usual” social media posts, assist with responses to comments and increase engagement.
- Assist in coordinating and managing onsite media visits and visits by other department vendors (photographers, videographers, etc.).
- Associate degree with 1 to 3 years experience in a marketing or communications position
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills and experience with marketing research
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to work proactively with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Building collaborative relationships
- Analytical and forward thinking
- Result orientation and thoroughness
- Initiative and Adaptability
Equal Opportunity Employer: Diversity, Equity, Access, and Inclusion is one of the core values we hold close to our business practices. ISGM is committed to affording equal opportunities to qualified individuals regardless of race, color, gender, gender identity, genetics, military/veteran status, pregnancy, religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable laws.
To apply, visit: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/742552