Hill Art Foundation: Associate
About the Hill Art Foundation
The Hill Art Foundation is a public exhibition and education space that presents rotating exhibitions and ongoing arts education programs. Opened in 2019 in a custom-built,7,700-square-foot space in New York’s Chelsea neighborhood, the Foundation is free and open to the public. Exhibitions include works on loan from the Hill Collection, as well as collaborative projects with leading artists, collections, and institutions. The Foundation was founded by J. Tomilson and Janine Hill, collectors and philanthropists based in New York.
The Foundation offers year-round educational programming for New York City high school students through two unique programs, Teen Curators and Teen Educators at Hill Art Foundation.
Reporting to and working collaboratively with the Executive Director and the Registrar, the Hill Art Foundation seeks a highly motivated, detail-oriented administrator who will oversee the Foundation’s day to day visitor services and digital content responsibilities.
The successful candidate will be an extremely organized and proactive administrator with strong writing skills who thrives in a collaborative fast paced environment.
– Manage and maintain Foundation’s website and social media channels
– Collaborate on Foundation communications, including e-blast schedule and opening invitations
– Assist with the upkeep of the Foundation’s cloud storage and document sharing
– As an initial point of contact, greet all visitors, answer phones, respond to general inquiries
– Provide support to the Foundation’s education program
– Order supplies and provide overall administrative assistance
– Maintain subscriptions and master contact list
– Assist with special events and openings at the Foundation including the management of guest lists and tracking RSVPs
– BA Degree in Art History or related degree
– 2-3 years of administrative experience in the arts and/or experience working with students
– Professional manner, excellent communication skills, highly personable
– Strategic thinker with a background in social media
– Interest in arts education and in working with high school students
– Strong knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Dropbox, MailChimp, GSuite and ability to assist with scanning, printing, and data entry
– Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
– Positive outlook and a passion for creating an inclusive working environment
– Ideal candidate is personable, highly organized, detail-oriented, and works collaboratively in a small team environment
– High degree of integrity, must treat information with discretion and confidentiality
– Availability to work Saturdays
Please note that while careful consideration will be given to each submission, the Hill Art Foundation will only be able to contact those applicants whose knowledge, skills and work experience best fit the requirements of the position.
Hill Art Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, gender identification, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or political affiliation. We encourage inquiries from applicants who will reflect the plurality of our culture and our global audience.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.