Hill Art Foundation: Associate
About the Hill Art Foundation
The Hill Art Foundation is a public exhibition and education space that presents rotating exhibitions and ongoing arts education programs. Opened in 2019 in a custom-built 7,700-square-foot space in New York’s Chelsea neighborhood, the Foundation is free and open to the public. Exhibitions include works on loan from the Hill Collection, as well as collaborative projects with leading artists, collections, and institutions. The Foundation was founded by J. Tomilson and Janine Hill, collectors and philanthropists based in New York.
The Foundation offers year-round educational programming for New York City high school students through two unique programs, Teen Curators and Teen Educators at Hill Art Foundation.
Reporting to and working collaboratively with the Executive Director and the Registrar, the Hill Art Foundation seeks a highly motivated, detail oriented administrator who will oversee the Foundation’s day to day visitor services and digital content responsibilities.
The successful candidate will be an extremely organized administrator with strong writing skills who thrives in a collaborative fast paced environment.
– Work collaboratively alongside the Director and Registrar
– As an initial point of contact, greet all visitors, answer phones, respond to general inquiries
– Order supplies and provide overall administrative assistance
– Manage and maintain Foundation’s website and social media channels
– Collaborate on Foundation communications, including e-blast schedule and opening invitations
– Assist with the upkeep of the Foundation’s cloud storage and sharing
– Maintain subscriptions and master contact list
– Assist with special events and openings at the Foundation including the management of guest lists and tracking RSVPs
– BA Degree in Art History or related degree
– 2-3 years of administrative experience
– Professional manner, excellent communication skills, highly personable
– Strategic thinker with a background in social media
– Extremely organized and maintains great attention to detail
– Strong knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, GSuite and ability to assist with scanning, printing, and data entry
– Positive outlook and a passion for creating an inclusive working environment
– High degree of integrity, must treat information with discretion and confidentiality
– Availability to work Saturdays
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.